LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all got a 90 cavalier on airbags, problem is the front doesn't lay low enough for me.....:( i'm interested in entertaining any and all options to get the front as low as the rear..... i'm on 18's and the tire BARELY tucks on the fronts where as i'm almost tucking the lip of the rim in the rear....
i'm on "Stock" struts up front running a universal air sleeve bag.... if there's sleved bags that will compress further i'm open to that, also on the stock strut mouts still.... maybe something custom in that avenue...

any comments or suggestions would be awesome...

·
Registered
110 Posts
welcome..

how far is the "inside edge -top of the tire" from the lower bag mount plate?

Also did you use a factory upper mount?

Chances are you just used your factory upper mounts. I sell a universal upper mount kit that you can re-work that upper mount to get it down lower..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Take some pics of what you have on there. Maybe a pic in the wheel well fully lifted to show tire to bag clearance, pull off a wheel to show the strut, then even on top to show the shock tower and upper mount. There a few tricks that we use to get strut cars lower. You can flip upper mounts, sometimes install it on top of the strut tower instead of under. Play around with bearing variations, and sometimes a shorter strut in place of the factory that will allow the suspension to compress more than the original strut allows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by phatz@Sep 8 2006, 03:03 PM~6132785
welcome..
how far is the "inside edge -top of the tire" from the lower bag mount plate?

Also did you use a factory upper mount?
Chances are you just used your factory upper mounts. I sell a universal upper mount kit that you can re-work that upper mount to get it down lower..

inside edge of tire to bag mount 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, i used my stock upper mount yes.

not a citation header panel no.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
what is it then, just a 1st gen cavalier header?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have some pics of a car I just did with a custom upper mount. Take some pics of your sunbird if you want us to help. Without seeing the car we can only give general ideas. Ill post some pics tonight.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can sell you the parts you need to re-work that upper mount. its a universal mount with a new bearing, i have guys bring me fwd strut cars and ask me to make them lower all the time. its the chassitech struts that use the factory mounts, I got my buddys caddy down another inch , just from re-working that mount.

The kit is $85 for all new upper universal mounts with all the hardware.

but yes some pics would be helpfull of your current setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts