LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking about this for a while chopping the top of my car off and remaking it out of fiberglass i can take it off on nice days and put it on on bad days i would be a hard top convertable my ride is in my signature

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
it depends if your good wit shit like that, cuz sumtimes its not always the fabricating thats the though part its usually fitting it n so it looks normal thats usually though.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 10 2003, 10:39 PM
i have been thinking about this for a while chopping the top of my car off and remaking it out of fiberglass i can take it off on nice days and put it on on bad days i would be a hard top convertable my ride is in my signature
THAT IS CALLED A CARSON TOP----BEEN DONE FOR YEARS BRO---THE "KUSTOMS" DO IT ALL THE TIME-----MY COMPADRE DID IT ON HIS 52 HARDTOP BUT HE USED THE ORIGINAL ROOF SO HIS IS ALL METAL---might be harder for a 4 door bro-----YOU MAY WANT TO PM HIM--------"lobo member"--------peace bro

Last edited by lowriderlife at Jul 11 2003, 10:25 AM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've done it before 53 merc and a packard the side posts drop down or i can maken removable if i did it it would be clean i know it aint a new i dea in the industry but to my car it is do you guys think it is worth it

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 11 2003, 01:08 PM
i've done it before 53 merc and a packard the side posts drop down or i can maken removable if i did it it would be clean i know it aint a new i dea in the industry but to my car it is do you guys think it is worth it
i think it would be cool-4 door convertable :cheesy: -most the time when u do that u have to reinforce the frame because the post adds strenght to the car-but it looks like your have lots of frame work already done

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 11 2003, 12:08 PM
ANYTHING CUSTOM IS WORTH DOING BRO IF IT COMES OUT RIGHT AND YOU LIKE IT---------LATES

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had a 79 Cut brougham suprime that I had a custom top done for, (had to have supports added first tho, it startted out as T tops then once you took out the glass the center section was removable so it just left the windshield and what they called "a hood" over the back seat, then you could also remove the back section and have it be a full convertible...

shit was tight, damn I miss that car

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Jul 23 2003, 03:31 AM
I had a 79 Cut brougham suprime that I had a custom top done for, (had to have supports added first tho, it startted out as T tops then once you took out the glass the center section was removable so it just left the windshield and what they called "a hood" over the back seat, then you could also remove the back section and have it be a full convertible...

shit was tight, damn I miss that car
that would be a "removeable hollywood top"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts