LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anyone tried out new kandy paint call exotic.House of color bought another company and made this paint.It suppose to be better.Give me asight who may sell it.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Xoticcolours.com, I sprayed a bike with it and it turned out good I liked how it sprayed and all. I posted pics in the paint section topic "bass boat" or "bass baot flakes"' its a bluejean blue with baby blue flakes. I'm going to paint a Full size truck in the next few weeks with it, I'll let you know how it turns out. I also have a number to a guy in Cali that can will give you good info on the paint.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
**I called these guys last week & they said that it was some guy who sold his idea to that company.. HOK is owned by Valspar now & they have no relationship to HOK---- thats what they told me....
** $60 for a pint of water based stuff & crystals..
** $100 for a quart of same ..

You have to spray down a water based clear , wait till it shrinks down , then sprinkle a crystal over the top .. then you must clear w/ kandy or just clear ...... thats what they told me ..

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
they came to the shop today with some pretty cool products and pricing a will be doing some test panels tomorrow. the crystals are a really cool alternative to marble. completly different effect

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I will be applying this to some patterns on my 64 for this summer... HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
It was a first for me and I liked it, I'll be doing a chevy fullsize P.U. Sunday with it, then I'm going to get the malibue wagon ready for some green crystals.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I talked to the rep yesterday about it, he was a real nice guy and helped me with alot of questions. If anyone is interested in the paint let me know and I'll give you his number. Also At the paint store they have free pamplets that walk you right through mixing and spraying

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 7 2003, 09:12 PM
i talked to the house of kolor tech line guy about this before........it is basically the house of kolor (old) paint line with a new name.......
*** I was told that it wasnt even the same people involved ..... Now I askedthe lady about that & my grandpa used to do lettering & sign work with Jon back in the 70's ... I dont see why that lady would lie to me.... But if she did ------ I will still use it !!!!!!!

You first start out with a water based coat (a base coat for the crystals...)

You then wait for it to start drying & then you sprinkle on the crystals..

when the water based solution fries up it forms into that crystalization .... & your crystals give it the color & sparkle...

You then proceed to spray your own color of kandy or clear ...

*** I think that is the process.....I cant fully remember ....But i kno I am close ;)

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ+Nov 14 2003, 11:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (STREET SWEEPAZ @ Nov 14 2003, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 7 2003, 09:12 PM
i talked to the house of kolor tech line guy about this before........it is basically the house of kolor (old) paint line with a new name.......
*** I was told that it wasnt even the same people involved ..... Now I askedthe lady about that & my grandpa used to do lettering & sign work with Jon back in the 70's ... I dont see why that lady would lie to me.... But if she did ------ I will still use it !!!!!!!

You first start out with a water based coat (a base coat for the crystals...)

You then wait for it to start drying & then you sprinkle on the crystals..

when the water based solution fries up it forms into that crystalization .... & your crystals give it the color & sparkle...

You then proceed to spray your own color of kandy or clear ...

*** I think that is the process.....I cant fully remember ....But i kno I am close ;)[/b][/quote]
i don't think this tech guy would lie to me.........he is in one of the videos :biggrin:

anywayz i was talking the WHOLE line of exotic..........not just those crystal looking things :cool:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** Who knows .... i will still use it ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts