1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello lay it low fourm members,
I am Brian Scarbs ,
I live in south FL - and have just got my first lowrider car,
it is a project - but it runs and drives - and came juiced up - but was an older install and had a fiew things that needed re doing that ive been working with.

I have been a fan of custom cars / motorcycles / and lowriders all of my life.
im 28 now and have had subscriptions to lowrider mag on and off since I was 14. I even rode a lowrider bike that I custom built my self to 9th and 10th grade way back when.
but
just recently I found a deal on this car that I couldnt pass up.
I actually believe the car wanted me to own it - as I tried to not buy it 3 diffrent times , but I caved in and its mine now.

ive owned the car for a little over 2 months now - and ive been putting in lotts of work on it - and every little thing I can manage to do to it makes it that much better - in apearence wise - and for my apreciation of the car it self as not just a means of point a to point b transportation, but as something im giving my own custom touches to and re finishing in my style.
ive been surfing the boards here trying to soak up information like a sponge that pertains to hydraulics and the trials and errors that people suffer by using / abusing them. and so far ive got a pretty good grasp on things hydraulic related but im still verry "fresh to the game" of hydros - but im willing to put in work and the effort it takes to learn and build them.

my car is setup with what I believe to be an older "street setup" from cce
my dumps and my solenoids are running off 12v/14.4 with engine running - because I believe my dumps to be only 12v capable ( 24 would burn them ? )
and im using 4 batterys at 48 to the front and rear pumps for now. - my batts are old and need replacing real soon - but are ok for lay out and pump up to drive - as long as I put them on charge every night.
I charge the batts in pairs with 2 little schumacher chargers @ 15 amps devided by 2 batterys. I believe 7.5 amps is suficent to charge batterys when left on overnight. the chargers automaticly switch over to trickle when batterys peak so im not in fear of burning down the garage either - wich is good as I was using an old sears charger before and it did not have any automatic shut off features wich could result in overcharging batterys and or fire - wich had me worried at the time I had to use that old crappy charger due to not having a propper charger.
staying safe - and practicing safe work habits is something I feel is verry important to the sport of lowriding - as any mis haps could leave a black mark on the term "lowrider" and what the general public thinks of when they hear it.

imagine the news - lowrider car burns down house in south FL -
every one that would see that would think badly of lowrider cars if they were not properly educated that it was user error - not that the lowrider car was a fire bomb on its own.

but any how -
I just wanted to check in with all of you guys here,
and post up a little about my self - I am a new fourm user here as of a couple of months - and have had a fiew smooth transactions already purchacing items from other fourm members to help me build my car - wich by the way is an odd ball of a lowrider. how many other ppl have you seen with a plymouth valiant lowrider with hydraulics ? my guess would be not many - so im probably going to be asking for help when I run in to situations out of the ordinary - but im pretty resoursful my self anyhows.

yesterday I got my new front coils cut to leingth and installed. ( yellow minis from cce ) and was able to hop both front tires off of the ground a fiew inches for the first time - off 48volts of my batterys that are in realley bad shape. so I was pretty stoked to be a little chipper. was the first time the car ever hopped. maby with new batterys and 60 volts it would do a little better!

would love to hear from other fourm members that are building their first lowrider car also - or take any advice from the vetrans here that know their stuff.

so this is the beast. her name is VAL - and she will be built up in more of a traditional style of the 70's lowriders as im a sucker for the old stuff

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Great intro welcome to layitlow. As I'm sure u know its very addicting. I like your way of thinking, out of the box but very in line at the same time. have fun and don't let the shit talkers get to you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! It's definitely unique! Be careful though. If the car has not been reinforced properly and you get switch happy, you WILL break shit and I'm not just talking about basic maintenance items like seals and suspension bushings.
My advice to you is if you plan to hop or three wheel: do some reinforcements if you don't have them already. It's nice to beat your car up on the regular knowing that you took the proper precautions to keep it intact. Way more fun than hitting the switch and hoping nothing goes wrong.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
:cool:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
IDK about hopping that unibody Mopar, unless you did some serious reinforcement and I didn't see it in that long dissertation... :dunno:

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
Never seen a valiant lolo before :cool:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 19 2010, 05:54 PM~16343196
theres a girl on here workin on one.
is she still around? i remember her starting the topic but i think she is off the site now? could be wrong. i most the time am lol

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,461 Posts
Originally posted by Classic Customs@Jan 19 2010, 11:36 AM~16339027
sure has alot of doors
:uh: , oh well its different and he likes it so why does that matter.... anyways cool car definatly different, good luck with the lowrider scene homie, dont let people on here discourage you :cool:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Originally posted by regallowlow187@Jan 19 2010, 06:02 PM~16343326
:uh: , oh well its different and he likes it so why does that matter.... anyways cool car definatly different, good luck with the lowrider scene homie, dont let people on here discourage you  :cool:
i never said it matters. i dont prefer 4 doors but thats my oppinion.

most of these you see are two door. my uncle had one back in the day and he loved that mug, it was a four door on chrome supreme looking wheels, cant really remember much about it but he sure loved it

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Post some pics of the setup? I'm Sure there could be lots of upgrades for it. Nice ride

1 - 20 of 34 Posts