LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my name is Steve I just joined up today but I've been looking at the beautiful cars on this site for quite some time. 68 Impalas are my life! I've never built a lowrider, only done factory stock restorations up to this point but I have a huge appreciation for the quality work I have seen done by people on here, and how the custom cars contrast with the normal stock appearing Impalas. No matter your preference these cars are all art forms and they deserve to shine and be seen.
I got into the 68s because my dad restored a Island Teal 68 Impala SS427 convertible in the early 90s when I was a little kid. He bought the car in 1978 and it has been a huge part of our family and responsible for us meeting so many great people over the years. Last month I took a trip from Maine to Burleson TX to pick up my first project, a 68 Impala Custom 427/425 4 speed (1 of 568). The Caprice/Custom coupes are my favorite hardtop body style, though I love the fastbacks too. I look forward to being a part of this community and meeting a lot of other 68 fans.
Steve

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
REAL NICE

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
GOOD LUCK & IM SURE U R GOING 2 HAVE A LOT OF FUN :cool:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
always good to see another 68 rider....have fun.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
good start homie!i always wanted to build one too ..so i did its almost dune ! ill shot some pics as soon as i get some .. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Originally posted by impalaluv@Feb 22 2010, 11:28 PM~16697023
good start  homie!i always wanted to build one too ..so i did its almost dune ! ill shot some pics as soon as i get some .. :thumbsup:
throw some pics up homie...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
886 Posts
what a car to start with.... was that thing on the bottom of the ocean? you sir are a brave sole to take on that task! but nice save on a 427 car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys it sat in a farmer's field in Burleson TX and that really got to it in the last 37 years. Also a previous owner added a vinyl top at some point in probably 69' or 70' which I think started the rotting. I love 68s and I can't let it get crushed. It will roll again, and if it's cool I would love to take it out to some of your shows once its done as I will be driving it across the country with the 3:73 rear axle :cool:

·
Registered
12,557 Posts
Originally posted by SS427@Feb 5 2010, 03:42 PM~16524211
Hey everyone my name is Steve I just joined up today but I've been looking at the beautiful cars on this site for quite some time.  68 Impalas are my life!  I've never built a lowrider, only done factory stock restorations up to this point but I have a huge appreciation for the quality work I have seen done by people on here, and how the custom cars contrast with the normal stock appearing Impalas.  No matter your preference these cars are all art forms and they deserve to shine and be seen.
I got into the 68s because my dad restored a Island Teal 68 Impala SS427 convertible in the early 90s when I was a little kid.  He bought the car in 1978 and it has been a huge part of our family and responsible for us meeting so many great people over the years.  Last month I took a trip from Maine to Burleson TX to pick up my first project, a 68 Impala Custom 427/425 4 speed (1 of 568).  The Caprice/Custom coupes are my favorite hardtop body style, though I love the fastbacks too.  I look forward to being a part of this community and meeting a lot of other 68 fans.
Steve

x2 nice to see another 68 guy on here also thats the only ride for me ''IMO''..68's for life homie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live near NYC. We just got a foot of wet messy snow last night. Anybody wanna trade places with me?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts