LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this yesterday before I went to the Unity meet in Parramatta. I picked it up for only $25.50AUD after nearly being ripped off on the internet by a seller trying to get me to pay $44AUD for it. So because I saved about $19 I'm going to get the AMT 1970 Impala soon too. The 63 Impala is going to go aside for a little bit because the paint has pissed me off. The majority of these pictures are just of the kit with the wheels in place, for the effect of the stance and things like that.

Plans so far and red interior, red exterior, 18" Pegasus chrome wires, 2 subs with amp, 4 pumps & 6 batteries. I'll have to open the boot and I'm thinking about reversing the hinges front and back.

Only thing that is wrong with this is that it was missing one rear tail light, can anyone help me out with that please? Thanks for reading this.

Here is the box for anyone who wants to know what kit it is

I'll post more progress sooner then later, within the next few days.
:puffin:

Last edited by Purpura Delujo at Sep 14 2003, 04:57 AM

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for telling me how to fix that Scans. Fucking Imagestation :uh:

I just finished painting the interior a base red, it'll be slow progress because the whole model is molded in black just about.

I'm thinking about red with a gold undercoat for the body or, just black for the body. I really like the sound of a red Monte but the interior works with the colour the body is molded in. Could anyone post up some pictures, or links of/to the boots of these Monte Carlo SS'?? I need some reference because I am opening the boot to put the juice and system in there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hmmmmm, y dont u throw a stripe down the driver side of the car?? like a silver line with a red line next to it, ill make a quick sketch in ms paint for u

·
Registered
77 Posts

that is a reallllllly fast sketch. see how it is on the hood? make it like that all the way from bumper to bumper

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post a picture of the taillight this afternoon, maybe some parts site has one. Hopefully I'll get the light, I'm thinking about just puttying the back lights and putting some LEDs under the bumper.

I won't put a racing stripe on it, because I just want a plain colour, I want to put a vinyl roof on it though :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 15 2003, 01:33 AM
The vinyl top sounds good! ;)
Yeah, only thing is is that I need some chrome strips that would seal the 'vinyl' from the body on the C pillar. I was thinking, what about doing the interior red, the roof the same red, and the body black?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo+Sep 15 2003, 08:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purpura Delujo @ Sep 15 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Sep 15 2003, 01:33 AM
The vinyl top sounds good! ;)
Yeah, only thing is is that I need some chrome strips that would seal the 'vinyl' from the body on the C pillar. I was thinking, what about doing the interior red, the roof the same red, and the body black?[/b][/quote]
na man , that would look shit , red roof and.....white body maybe , silver a light kolour like that

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry man, but unless your 12 the interior looks like sh$#. take your time ,cut the bruss headdown till there's only a few brushes on it. take your time and you'll get it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Originally posted by stewdog@Sep 15 2003, 06:21 PM
sorry man, but unless your 12 the interior looks like sh$#. take your time ,cut the bruss headdown till there's only a few brushes on it. take your time and you'll get it.
what the fuck?!?

its just the base kolor for the actual kolor

its prolly gonna be 2 tone any ways

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by The Modeling Pimp+Sep 15 2003, 06:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Modeling Pimp @ Sep 15 2003, 06:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stewdog@Sep 15 2003, 06:21 PM
what the fuck?!?

its just the base kolor for the actual kolor

its prolly gonna be 2 tone any ways[/b][/quote]
:0

Yes, it was going to be a two tone, and as I said it is only a basecoat. Give a man a break, geez! Why would you cut a perfectly good brush down anyway? I can get perfect results out of a brush if I need too, I never spraypaint my interiors, whats the fun in that? I just get smooth results by using a bigger brush and good paint. Thanks Model Pimp for showing again that it is just the base colour, and how did you know it would be 2 tone? It is black and red now. I'm thinking about matching the interior to the exterior, adding some red LEDs underneath and giving it a name.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a little bit more work done to the interior. it is still only 30% done as BASE colours. You'll know when it isn't base colours any more, it will have a shit load of detail.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
uhhhhh i dont understand wut u mean by a base color... are u gunna kandy it or something that u using a base??? or wut do u mean by base color?... other then that.. it loox good with the black... the first pic loox really... really... bad...lol but its lookin good in the pic with the black

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by stewdog@Sep 15 2003, 05:21 PM
man doesn't this forum already have its quota of dickheads?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By base colour I mean that it is just the base of the interior, I need to add alot of detailing to it! Base as in just the foundation to 'build' the rest of the colours off.

Dag- I'd put kandy ghost flames on it but I don't know how, and I might just do some red patterning on it, or something like that.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts