LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so chris and i were talking the other day and he had an idea that i thought would work and he thought so as well, so he went ahead and tried built a motor doing what he thought was gonna work...i know what was done although im not gonna say lol...so here are some pics of the motor as well as video..after he said it worked really well i told him pics or it didnt happen, then i went one step further and said videos or it didnt happen and i got both...so i take no credit in this, chris did all the work he just isnt able to post this stuff up cuz he dont have internet at the house currently..so check out the pics...and listen to the motor on the video, watch the torque as it spins out the gate as well as in the first video youll see him take the ground off and show you that its connected to 12v and the hole time u can still hear the motor spinning...

wish the homie SWIPH was around for this topic...make his head spin as fast as this motor..

now let the questions begin...just pick up ur jaws first....

sorry the images are a little blurry..camera phone for ya

wVD0ePx4GmA
y7LhN6aq80k

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Eddie$Money@Jan 16 2010, 10:40 PM~16313346
FUCK THAT SHIT SPINNING NICE WORK CHRIS AND I GUESS YOU TO FISH :biggrin:
hey all credit goes to chris...he has the idea and i thought it would work....he did the job i was merely on the other end of the phone to hear it...glad i did though..im learning more stuff as i go along with motors as well as tricks lol

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just grateful that someone is willing to share certain things that have taken them years to work out....not many people are willing to do so

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 16 2010, 09:50 PM~16313422
just grateful that someone is willing to share certain things that have taken them years to work out....not many people are willing to do so

Very True

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Eddie$Money@Jan 16 2010, 10:53 PM~16313439

Very True

saves me money and lots of time

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
well, what of it? whats this motor have over anything else? guess a person would have to test them out to know?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 84Cuttinthrough@Jan 16 2010, 10:57 PM~16313475
so how much for one shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice work!
haha they are priceless lol

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 16 2010, 10:58 PM~16313483
well, what of it?  whats this motor have over anything else?  guess a person would have to test them out to know?
what it has over a stock motor u get from any company is like this..

lets say u have to spin a motor for 5 seconds to reach its maximum rpms....this motor you spin for half that time to reach its maxium rpms..so youve increased the effiency of the motor, which will not have to work as much leading to less heat...longer motor life..plus with the added work to the casing itself it is designed to disapate the heat generated by the motor...also a much more stable ground for the brushplate itself instead of those tiny ass screws

everyone runs more batteries in order to increase the speed of the motor..now u dont have to run more batteries to do so, u can do it on less..and the way people are building cars now with weight, u can have a guy run 12 batteries and weight with a stock motor and then u can do the same with less batteries with weight cuz you have a more efficient motor....people are building cars with parts and just putting them in and whatever they get is what they get...not many people try to get the most out of each component.. i.e. the pumphead, the motor, spring choice, suspension work..all of that...

people like to take short cuts when doing something..u want a car to go fast people put nitrous cuz its quick...but what about just building a much better motor with better parts...no cuz that requires long hours of work..not many people are willing to take the time to do it...try some things out...bore this out or port and polish something or port match the gaskets...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just want to get people to think outside the box

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 16 2010, 09:58 PM~16313483
well, what of it?  whats this motor have over anything else?  guess a person would have to test them out to know?
NOTHING.......ALL MOTORS SPIN THIS FAST ON A 12V BENCH TEST :cheesy:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by Eddie$Money@Jan 16 2010, 09:40 PM~16313346
FUCK THAT SHIT SPINNING NICE WORK CHRIS AND I GUESS YOU TO FISH :biggrin:
THANX HOMIE :cool:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by 84Cuttinthrough@Jan 16 2010, 09:57 PM~16313475
so how much for one shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice work!
Lol...sorry homie , everyone knows I dont sell them.....i just build them for my car... :(

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also u can look at it this way...the motors that we buy arent made by the hydro companies...they buy them and then we buy them from them....are they gonna guarantee that theres no problem with the motor they send us, are they gonna give us a new one when it burns up right out the box...NOPE...sometimes bad motors get out to the public, it happens..im sure thats many of us who had that experience with a motor that burns up on a few licks....so youve just spent nearly $100.00 and u install the motor and it burns up, no one likes wasting their money...hydro companies who hop can do it cuz they have spare motors and it dont cost them as much as we get charged.

now if youve improve upon the motor by changing parts to more quality ones you can make that motor last longer...u can get ur moneys worth out of it..most guys who dont know shit about motors like i use to would just toss the motor in the garbage and buy a new one...if people would take the time to learn more then they'd spend less in parts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by MUFASA@Jan 16 2010, 11:20 PM~16313650
Lol...sorry homie , everyone knows I dont sell them.....i just build them for my car... :(

i think you should raffle one off lol

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 16 2010, 09:58 PM~16313483
yea send me one of them and ill test it out!!! lol :biggrin:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Thanks for hearing me out last nite fish.....u said vids or it didnt happen.......so did it happen????........Later homie....... :cool:

1 - 20 of 412 Posts