LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is about to shit on me and I was wondering on a price I could expect to either have a new one dropped in, or have mine rebuilt. I dont need any fancy things on it, jus a strong running engine... what price range should I be looking at?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, in the summer, which means its a daily for about 5 months outta the year... Im thinkin the same, a rebuilt engine.. What would a decent price be?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This@Nov 30 2003, 03:38 AM
Yea, in the summer, which means its a daily for about 5 months outta the year... Im thinkin the same, a rebuilt engine.. What would a decent price be?
ill take that engine off your hands if you want :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Foompla+Nov 30 2003, 08:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Nov 30 2003, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hop2This@Nov 30 2003, 03:38 AM
Yea, in the summer, which means its a daily for about 5 months outta the year...    Im thinkin the same, a rebuilt engine..  What would a decent price be?
ill take that engine off your hands if you want :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
As long as Id end up with a good one, Id hook you up with it..

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
damn joe it's about time you decided to replace you engine.......i didn't wanna shoot you down when you first bought your car but that baby smoked pretty bad.............as long as you don't turn the key..............your car is off the hook :biggrin:

good luck..............

i called the local junkyard for a rebuilt engine for the 83 regal..........if i ever need to get it replaced.............

they quoted me $800 for the engine and $1,000 to put it in...........

so if i was you i would be expecting to pay about $2,000 or a little higher............

good luck...............i will keep my ears open for one too........

Last edited by SWITCHCRAFT at Dec 4 2003, 10:33 PM

·
Registered
210 Posts
whats up man hows that axle workin? I just check on some prices of used engines at junkyards and there about $1000 for one with around 70k miles.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This+Dec 1 2003, 01:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hop2This @ Dec 1 2003, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 08:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hop2This
@Nov 30 2003, 03:38 AM
Yea, in the summer, which means its a daily for about 5 months outta the year...    Im thinkin the same, a rebuilt engine..  What would a decent price be?

ill take that engine off your hands if you want :cheesy:
As long as Id end up with a good one, Id hook you up with it..[/b][/quote]
hmm, now i gotta figure out how to get to wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 3wheelnlincoln@Dec 4 2003, 04:47 PM
whats up man hows that axle workin? I just check on some prices of used engines at junkyards and there about $1000 for one with around 70k miles.
Alright, thanks for the heads up fellas, and I havent put in the axle yet, Im still in the process of taking my rearend out for powdercoating by my good friend switchcraft up there ;) jus for some price ranges, yal know a price range I could expect to pay if I was to try and rebuild my existing engine on my own? Like for parts, etc?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 4 2003, 03:33 PM
damn joe it's about time you decided to replace you engine.......i didn't wanna shoot you down when you first bought your car but that baby smoked pretty bad.............as long as you don't turn the key..............your car is off the hook :biggrin:

good luck..............
Yea, I was just too afraid to admit it lol thanks for lending the help ;)

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This+Dec 4 2003, 06:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hop2This @ Dec 4 2003, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 4 2003, 03:33 PM

good luck..............
Yea, I was just too afraid to admit it lol thanks for lending the help ;)[/b][/quote]
There was one on ebay last week from a shop for around $600

I still have there web address on MyEbay if you want it

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 4 2003, 02:33 PM

good luck..............

i called the local junkyard for a rebuilt engine for the 83 regal..........if i ever need to get it replaced.............

so if i was you i would be expecting to pay about $2,000 or a little higher............

good luck...............i will keep my ears open for one too........
About a yr ago my 91 started smoking & I let my boy who is a team leader at a Ford dealer take it to work & all it was the EGR ports were clogged & the AIC sensor was bad

Replaced the sensor & had them take apart the throttle body & clean out the EGR ports & it was good to go.. Cost $160 regular $320

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 2drWood+Dec 5 2003, 08:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2drWood @ Dec 5 2003, 08:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 06:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT
@Dec 4 2003, 03:33 PM

good luck..............

I still have there web address on MyEbay if you want it[/b][/quote]
Yea, Id appreciate it if you could hook me up with that addy

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This+Dec 7 2003, 11:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hop2This @ Dec 7 2003, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 06:03 PM
@Dec 4 2003, 03:33 PM

good luck..............

I still have there web address on MyEbay if you want it
Yea, Id appreciate it if you could hook me up with that addy[/b][/quote]
Sorry bro, I thought i had it because I wanted to see what it finally went for but I guess I didn't save it.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by 2drWood+Dec 6 2003, 03:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2drWood @ Dec 6 2003, 03:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 4 2003, 02:33 PM

good luck..............

i called the local junkyard for a rebuilt engine  for the 83 regal..........if i ever need to get it replaced.............

good luck...............i will keep my ears open for one  too........
About a yr ago my 91 started smoking & I let my boy who is a team leader at a Ford dealer take it to work & all it was the EGR ports were clogged & the AIC sensor was bad

Replaced the sensor & had them take apart the throttle body & clean out the EGR ports & it was good to go.. Cost $160 regular $320[/b][/quote]
damn read this again joe...........i would get this shit checked first if this was my shit...........

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT+Dec 9 2003, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SWITCHCRAFT @ Dec 9 2003, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 03:38 AM
@Dec 4 2003, 02:33 PM

good luck..............

i called the local junkyard for a rebuilt engine  for the 83 regal..........if i ever need to get it replaced.............

good luck...............i will keep my ears open for one  too........

Replaced the sensor & had them take apart the throttle body & clean out the EGR ports & it was good to go.. Cost $160 regular $320
damn read this again joe...........i would get this shit checked first if this was my shit...........[/b][/quote]
I already replaced the EGR valve and some other shit when I first got the car, it was leaking oil then, I spent 500 bucks for that shit... So, Im thinkin now the rings are bad like u sed a while ago, and/or maybe the head gasket...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts