LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my project car, and obviously i want it to have hydraulics. a big problem is money.

theres always people trying to sell kits on here around like 700 or so. but i was wondering how good it would be to buy a used setup.
would it turn into too much hassle and work, or if it was properly cleaned and 'tuned' then it would be as good as new?

or maybe buying a used setup and buying some new parts just so you have those new and the old ones for back ups?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
better to buy new,things may look good but never really know the background on used stuff,my first kit was used and things were breaking left and right and just got to the point were i just about had to replace everything......buy a whole new kit u save alot of money instead of buying part by part/save up the bread and go with a new kit street or comp,you'll be happy you did ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just found some square dumps, vickers pumps and other misc vintage hydraulics stuff going through our school tech lab.
They were mostly dated to 1970-1980. Original packages and labels and all that jazz. The professor told that a) Yes, they are vintage airplane hydraulics, and never been used and b) he won't sell them.

Seems that he had got them for free just to show engineerstobe how stuff works some time during the 80's. The pumps are the same kind seen on squaredumps.com, the 4,75hp model.

Can you use rebuilt airplanehydraulics in a lowrider, by the way? I have a friend working in a small plane & helicopter repair shop, and he could get some parts i believe.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Gotta go new :biggrin: most people sellin used want new prices :angry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts