LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this car, has to be one of if not the greatest Musclecars ever built. I did this one ages back and it looked shite, but I feel like I didn't give it what it deserved so here it is, being reborn. Here is the list of modifications and plans to it, it's long and big so read it if you want. I hope it all works out because I think it will be my best model to date if it does. This will be a part-time thing to built whilst my Monte and 63 are being built.

Engine Mods

Original 426 Hemi engine painted black
Larger supercharger
Twin carbies
Holley Megascoop
Nitrous
Sparkplug wiring
Complete Straight aluminium exhaust ending with twin 'Fartcan' mufflers
Custom radiator with twin thermo fans
Possible Intercooler(No idea if Roots style blowers can be intercooled)

Drivetrain Mods

Stock manual transmission
Custom shortened driveshaft
Big diff

Chassis Mods

Might be a custom flat bottomed styrene chassis
Chopped front suspension
Rear 1/18th scale prostock wheel tubs
Tube frame?

Suspension Mods

Rear Traction bars
Rear and front Coil-overs?
It'll definetly need some wheelie-bars!
Chopped and lowered front suspension
Poseable steering rack on the front?
It'll nearly be laying frame

Body Mods

Full respray in Italian Red with gold basecoat
Shaved handles, weather strips and spoilerless boot
Body coloured bumpers
Flat enginebay
Opening boot
Maybe some 'Hemi Monster' murals?

Interior Mods

Painted satin black with black felt carpet
Flat red drag racing seat
Custom transmission tunnel
Seperate front handbrake lever
Pistol grip shifter or Hurst shifter
Obviously a rollcage

Other Mods

Skinny front Dragway Autodrag rims
Deepdish rear Dragways Autodrag rims
Skinny front Goodyear Polyglas GT - F70-R15 tires
Rear Formula One tires, but lets call them Goodyear drag slicks
Twin Parachutes
Bonnet pins
Battery in boot
Scratchbuilt twin fuel cells in boot
Who knows what else will pop up?

Leave your comments and/or suggestions. Here is 3 small pictures I took of it before. I know it really needs to be lowered on the front, but the back will be about 3mm higher then in these photos when it has suspension

Big muthafuckin engine with big muthafuckin blower :0

Bad photo but you can see the fartcans in the center exit and those fat ass wheels!

And here is that fat ass wheels, along with some skinnys

Enjoy! This will be updated eventually.

:puffin:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Drivetrain Mods

Stock manual transmission
Custom shortened driveshaft
Big diff

Chassis Mods

Might be a custom flat bottomed styrene chassis
Chopped front suspension
Rear 1/18th scale prostock wheel tubs
Tube frame?

Suspension Mods

Rear Traction bars
Rear and front Coil-overs?
It'll definetly need some wheelie-bars!
Chopped and lowered front suspension
Poseable steering rack on the front?
It'll nearly be laying frame

Body Mods

Full respray in Italian Red with gold basecoat
Shaved handles, weather strips and spoilerless boot
Body coloured bumpers
Flat enginebay
Opening boot
Maybe some 'Hemi Monster' murals?

Interior Mods

Painted satin black with black felt carpet
Flat red drag racing seat
Custom transmission tunnel
Seperate front handbrake lever
Pistol grip shifter or Hurst shifter
Obviously a rollcage

Other Mods

Skinny front Dragway Autodrag rims
Deepdish rear Dragways Autodrag rims
Skinny front Goodyear Polyglas GT - F70-R15 tires
Rear Formula One tires, but lets call them Goodyear drag slicks
Twin Parachutes
Bonnet pins
Battery in boot
Scratchbuilt twin fuel cells in boot
Who knows what else will pop up?

Leave your comments and/or suggestions. Here is 3 small pictures I took of it before. I know it really needs to be lowered on the front, but the back will be about 3mm higher then in these photos when it has suspension

Big muthafuckin engine with big muthafuckin blower :0

Bad photo but you can see the fartcans in the center exit and those fat ass wheels!

And here is that fat ass wheels, along with some skinnys

Enjoy! This will be updated eventually.

:puffin:[/b]
italian red over a gold base , are you lookin for any type of an effect at all ???

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas+Oct 1 2003, 08:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64_impalas @ Oct 1 2003, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Oct 2 2003, 11:46 AM
TIP #1
take a piece of 220 wet/dry sand paper and run the surface of the slicks over it in a turning motion so they are roughed up and dull like a real set ;)
man thats the best thing ive herd all week[/b][/quote]
thats what im here for besides making you all laugh your asses off ;) lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Oct 1 2003, 10:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Oct 1 2003, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2003, 08:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler
@Oct 2 2003, 11:46 AM
TIP #1
take a piece of 220 wet/dry sand paper and run the surface of the slicks over it in a turning motion so they are roughed up and dull like a real set ;)

man thats the best thing ive herd all week
thats what im here for besides making you all laugh your asses off ;) lol[/b][/quote]
I knew about the sandpaper on the tires, check the slick on the left of the picture, you can see that it is torn a little ;) Thanks anyway but.

The wheels were originally from the `78 Trans Am 3 in 1 kit, but I painted them Humbrol gloss aluminium(just a light coat, I'll need to do it again) and custom made the deepdishes on the back.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mad, how'd you do those white markings on your slicks on the Chevelle? Mask them off and just brush flat white in between?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
just brushed them with flat white and one of the plain cheap ass white plastic handled testors brushes from walmart. :biggrin:

ohh.... warning in advance, the paint takes a looong time to dry on the tires so plan on setting them aside for a good 2 days if you dont wanna smear white paint all over every damn thing.

even though they might "seem" dry they will fool you and make you :tears: believe me on that one.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Oct 1 2003, 11:30 PM
just brushed them with flat white and one of the plain cheap ass white plastic handled testors brushes from walmart.  :biggrin:

ohh.... warning in advance,  the paint takes a looong time to dry on the tires so plan on setting them aside for a good 2 days if you dont wanna smear white paint all over every damn thing.

even though they might "seem" dry they will fool you and make you :tears:  believe me on that one.
IF you use acrylic paint it dries faster, the regular paints react with the vinyl tires which is why it takes longer to dry.
Heres another tip for the tires
Go to the hardware store and get 2 dished washers, take one of your tires so you can get the right size, each washer should fit in your tire just like half of a rim would
now get a bolt that fits through the washers, make sure its as close to the same size as the hole as possible so it wil be self centering.
Put it all together , one washer on each side of the tire rune the bolt through put on a flat washer then the nut, now mount the mother in your drill or drill press and spin it up, you cna do mock burnouts and really rough em up :biggrin:
sorry no pic here at work but I can post one tommorow if you don't understand

Last edited by dag65 at Oct 2 2003, 08:55 AM

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
if you take lacquer thinner, put it on a paper towel, and rub it on the side walls of the tires, it will take off the shine. gel-pens also work very good for the lettering on the side.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by mattchew@Oct 2 2003, 07:08 PM
Maybe a flipnose front end? Thats what I'm doing on my '69 Charger..
I was thinking something wild like that, but it would be a bit difficult on a Cuda I think. We will see...

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo+Oct 2 2003, 08:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purpura Delujo @ Oct 2 2003, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--mattchew@Oct 2 2003, 07:08 PM
Maybe a flipnose front end? Thats what I'm doing on my '69 Charger..
I was thinking something wild like that, but it would be a bit difficult on a Cuda I think. We will see...[/b][/quote]
i honestly dont think it would look right on those cars but thats just my .02 what do i know? :dunno: lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well considering the front quarter panels extend beyond the cowl of the `Cudas and the quarter panels are actually connected to the sill below the doors it would be fucking hard to make a one piece front.

Fuck it, I'm going to wait awhile and buy a new Hemi Cuda kit, one that is still white :uh: I tried to open the doors today and just as the first one was about to open it broke the front A pillar because the door line runs virtually right through the A pillar. So it will be a part time project, later ;)

I'll start on something else, like finishing the `63

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo@Oct 3 2003, 02:24 AM
Well considering the front quarter panels extend beyond the cowl of the `Cudas and the quarter panels are actually connected to the sill below the doors it would be fucking hard to make a one piece front.

Fuck it, I'm going to wait awhile and buy a new Hemi Cuda kit, one that is still white :uh: I tried to open the doors today and just as the first one was about to open it broke the front A pillar because the door line runs virtually right through the A pillar. So it will be a part time project, later ;)

I'll start on something else, like finishing the `63
Hey man I am finishing one of these and have two that I am gathering stuff for. Those doors are going to be tough, I have thought about them for hours. Bes as I can figure the best way might be to adda small wire behing that pillar to reinforce it before you start cutting.
BTW how close to a real Cuda are you going to make it?that Revell kit has some issues

1 - 20 of 23 Posts