LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna make a micro rc car hop. just to show up this guy on tthis other tiny rc car forum. he has a car that lifts at the front and lowers. he made a video of it to.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
what is the froums name?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not a lowrider site but its called-

click the pic

if you like tiny rc cars this is the place to go.

oh b.t.w jevries- i cant get hold of the rc 64 impala because radioshack uk uses a gay payment method. so thats why i decided to do a tiny rc car instead. it will have 2 radio board thingys in the car. two batterys(maybe). twin channel comined controller, so you can drive the car around as normal but then flip a switch and you can control the hydros. it will also have its own charger that is no on the controller. maybe some lights as well.

Last edited by hopper_ali at Aug 7 2003, 09:53 AM

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Ali, my man...these cars are almost like 1/64? And you wanna fit 2 receivers, enough batteries and a hop/liftsystem? I'm gonna crown you king of England if you pull that off! :biggrin:

I came accross those tiny cars yesterday for $6 each...so I was thinking like...what if I can hook 2 of these setups in a 1/24 providing enough power to lift and drive the car.....the rechargeable batteries provide 1.2V at max 100MaH..maybe more....this will not do anything to lift or even hop the car.
So what you need is a relay that has a coil reacting at 1.5v and than the fun really begins!...Fully decorated interior and everything and...wireless remote! ;)

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the cars are actually 1/72. its possibly to fit it all in just with the right shell. im gonna do just a backlift and a fronthop. im gonna give it the 1/64 dub city wires and when im finished i will post pics and video.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you seen my hopping trike site yet(jevries)? what i have done once is put the reciever in a hopping hydros control box and then put a length of wire to the car which had a 130 powered servo in it which lifted the whole car.

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
so where in the site is it i cant be bothered looking, slow internet connection ;)

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 7 2003, 10:21 AM
I'm gonna crown you king of England if you pull that off! :biggrin:

hmmm, king ,me likes.

Last edited by hopper_ali at Aug 7 2003, 11:45 AM

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Aug 7 2003, 03:10 AM
have you seen my hopping trike site yet(jevries)? what i have done once is put the reciever in a hopping hydros control box and then put a length of wire to the car which had a 130 powered servo in it which lifted the whole car.
So to be clear, this tiny receiver can provide a 130 with enough power to actually do something like hopping?
Adding more power to the receiver will burn the thing for sure...my guess that is...

By the way lot's of thanx for the link supercool!! ;)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
That's the thing....these receivers would be the shit....if you just could run like 6V trhu them to make a 1/24 hop and move.
I'm sure there must be some kind of relay that can just do that...

Do you have any idea about the PCB mod this guy was talking about? You know giving a standard 2 channel receiver and extra channel...that sounds hella interesting! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts