LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after much fucking around with cameras and computers i can finally post some pics of the bike. it was originally flat black but got gouged and scratched against the amp in my wagon so i decided to strip and repaint it. initial thoughts were undercoat grey, but found a light green 60's colour that i intend to do pinstriping over. pretty happy with it, except for the bars.

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
from what i can see, looks good :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by eric ramos@Jul 22 2005, 09:44 PM
claen love the paint
just dont like the sissy bar
[snapback]3461908[/snapback]​
yeah that's the original sissy bay, only chopped down. got a new twisted bar that'd look alrite but is way too long. i'm running no seat post, seat is bolted straight thru the clamp, and the seat is almost as low as it can go (had to redrill holes cos it was even lower and made the tyre scrub the guard. I've seen the twisted bars chopped down and the holes drilled higher up (thru the twisted section, not the flat) and that looks good. just a bit trickier than it sounds. tempted to purchase a chrome seat pan now

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by highridah@Jul 22 2005, 10:10 PM
can you ride like that
[snapback]3462103[/snapback]​
i tried, it is very difficult but vaguely possible, as long as you ride in a straight line and dont lean with the inside pedal down. those photos are with the drop crown fitted, so realistically speaking, as it sits its probably best for show. 5 minutes later and a stock crown swap its totallty street worthy

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by eric ramos@Jul 22 2005, 10:29 PM
you acculay ride it i would not
[snapback]3462150[/snapback]​
hells yes! thats why i built it. there aint much of a show scene in my area so its the only way it gets seen. the last bike i built got ridden rain hail or shine but got stolen before new years along with my car audio and my mates ride from the back of my car b4 they tried to steal the car, unsuccessfully then graffitied all over the car. fuckers. havent seen the bikes since, if i do, i pity the fool who is riding it, i'll go medievel on them. this is the last one

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not really worried about it to be honest. i'm not gonna say its not gonna happen, but in the off chance i stack, well i can always repair it. if someone knocks it off, sure i'll be cut but what can u do? where i live its unlikely to be ripped off like that. it aint good enough to show, but its too good to leave at home. but then again i was in sydney last year at auto salon and there was a guy there with a couple of stock chrome lowriders (72's etc) with drop crowns, headlights and mirrors, and i thought, wtf??? thought that was really lame, i almost wanted to pick him and ask why he's showing a couple of shop-bought bikes with accessories. i don't know, i'm fussy, but i can't justify pouring thousands into a bike to chase trophies. on the otherside, i've put a lot of time into this bike and i cant justify just leaving in the corner for nobody to see. its a bike, and its meant to be ridden.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts