LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kicker 07CVR102 sub. Anyone use one? I am thinking of using a KX400.1 amp on it in a kicker box. Just wondering if its of good quality. I'll just be running one. Still should be better than the 2 600W pyle subs with 600W amp that I have, right?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
i like kicker but they get alot of shit on this site.....should sound decent.........2.5cf ported box would be good,it sounded great with mine l

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but like I said, i'm only running a single 10. I should have it on monday. Don't have an amp yet though. Just want a nice deep vibration throughout the car, nothing too loud. my current subs you can't even hear over the mids and highs of the 6x9s and 4x6s.

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
post pics when you get it in.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i dont think you need that much space for that sub. i have a 10" Kicker L5 and im running .7 cubic foot box. look for the specs on kicker.com you might be suprised what you can fit. also, to pair it up go with an Alpine V12 amp, better than the kicker amp.

·
Registered
525 Posts
thats a perfect amp for it. im running a mrp-m650 for my L5 and it pounds like crazy. that amp will do the same for your kicker comp. its more expensive but its got alot cleaner sound, and helps with harder hitting bass which is what 10's do.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 25 2007, 09:45 AM~8865409
i like kicker but they get alot of shit on this site.....should sound decent.........2.5cf ported box would be good,it sounded great with mine l
my bad 2.5 was for the 12"......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts