·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have alot of diff ideas going through my head

i already have my head unit,tv's and my mids and highs picked out picked out

i am kinda on a stoping point at this moment on subs and sub amps

the things i am thinking about right know are

(4) 12's (4) 15's or (4) 18's -- i was going to do a cut through in to my bed but i dont think i will be happy in a year or so if i didcide to ssell the beat or the truck and i have a whole in my cab & bed

sub types L7 , Treo , W7,

amp types, us amps 2000, Memphis 1500m, JL 1000.1

i am thinking the (4) 15" Treo's with 2 US amps 2000

any help will be grate i will not be buying for a few months but i need to start on box for subs speker pods etc... pretty soon

any one haveing any thing that i named above for sale or something that is as good pm me with pics and price might be able to buy for right price

Last edited by 82onJUICE at Nov 12 2003, 11:13 PM

·
Registered
584 Posts
Your electrical system better be prepared to handle those U.S Amps 2000's. Those things love to suck major amounts of power. I would go with Treo SSX's. W7's are pretty nice subs', but the cost doesn't justify the performance. The L7 is a sub' that gets nice and loud, but the SQ isn't really great.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was planning on going with 2 280 alt i can get them for a nice price and i am going to get a back up batt and 2 1,0 caps for each amp

yeah i bought 2 w7 8's for my cutt with a 500.1 and i am kicking my self in the ass know

yeah i am looking on ebay and around town right know for subs and amps i am trying to build a car and start on this so they both can be done nexst summer so i am putting my system togather one peice at a time

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 12 2003, 10:03 PM
i was planning on going with 2 280 alt i can get them for a nice price and i am going to get a back up batt and 2 1,0 caps for each amp

yeah i bought 2 w7 8's for my cutt with a 500.1 and i am kicking my self in the ass know

yeah i am looking on ebay and around town right know for subs and amps i am trying to build a car and start on this so they both can be done nexst summer so i am putting my system togather one peice at a time
all this money and someone with a single brahma setup or a dual brahma setup will have to hand you your ass because they used a signle amp, single sub, single (quite large) box and you hit maybe 6 DB higher then them, and they spent about 1/4 as much as you did. Dreamin is fun, but you really dont get much more from 4 subs than 2.

It takes double the subs AND POWER to raise 4 DB.

So 2 12's hit around 150 ish, and 4 exact same 12's with exact same amplification (doubled) will hit a 153 ish. and that upgrade cost you twice the initial cost of the system.

In car audio, quanity isnt always better unless you have a all out SPL only system.

It might look good, but a well designed setup for 1/4 the cost will compete with what you have described.

Just something to think about, but your shit would look tight tho! Much respect if you want to spend the money.

I know how it goes :) I was part of the crew in BC here who ran for audiobahn in 2001, we had four of the AWC-1500Xi's in a dodge omni, 8 1800D's and 12 batteries and a ohio generator 450A alternator in the car.

We hit a 167 final. BUt man what a waste of money, but we were 75% sponsored money tho :) But it was fun, and if thats your daily look at some new suspension components, CAR AUDIO IS HEAVY ON THE POCKET BOOK AND THE CAR!! Good luck man

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 14 2003, 05:22 PM
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO AT THE MOMENT I AM JUST THROUGHING THINGS AROUND IN MY HEAD
Just to let you know I have clowned some fools that think cuz they spend money on 4 subs, they got loud shit.

But like I said, more power to ya if u want to spend! I mean it looks great if done correctly.

But functionality wise, you can hit about the same for way less.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEAH I KNOW MAN I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM PLANING ON DOING I WILL LOOK AROUND MY MAIN POINT I AM LOOKING AT IS THE TYPE OF SUBS AND AMP I WANT TO RUN THEN THE TYPE OF BOX

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 14 2003, 06:50 PM
YEAH I KNOW MAN I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM PLANING ON DOING I WILL LOOK AROUND MY MAIN POINT I AM LOOKING AT IS THE TYPE OF SUBS AND AMP I WANT TO RUN THEN THE TYPE OF BOX
sweet, good place to start

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YEAH MAN I LIKE INPUT ON SUBJECT FROM PEOPLE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT I KNOW ABOUT SYSTEMS THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOME ONE THAT KNOWS MORE THAN I DO

SEE MY MAIN POINT RIGHT KNOW IS THAT I HAVE THE CHOICE OF TAKEING THE BACK SEAT OUT AND MAKING A BOX TO TAKE UP THE EXT CAB AND I CAN DO SOME REAL TIGHT LOOKING FIBERGLASS OR JUST A REALLY NICE LOOKING SET UP OR I CAN CUT THROUGH THE BOTTOM PART OF MY CAB IN TO THE BED AND MAKE THE BOX IN THE BED AND THE SUBS FACEING IN AND KEEP MY BACK SEAT BUT FROM WHAT EVERY ONE I HAVE TALKED TO SAID I WOULD BE SORRY LATER IF I CUT THE TRUCK BECAUSE IF I GO TO SELL IT OR TAKE THE SYSTEM OUT I WILL HAVE A HOLE I WILL HALF TO WELD BACK UP WHAT DO YOU THINK ?? MY OTHER THING IS WITH IT IN THE BED I WAS THINKING IT WOULD BE EASER TO HAVE STUFF STOLEN BECAUSE IT IS REALLY NOT ALL THAT SECURE

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 14 2003, 11:13 PM
YEAH MAN I LIKE INPUT ON SUBJECT FROM PEOPLE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT I KNOW ABOUT SYSTEMS THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOME ONE THAT KNOWS MORE THAN I DO

SEE MY MAIN POINT RIGHT KNOW IS THAT I HAVE THE CHOICE OF TAKEING THE BACK SEAT OUT AND MAKING A BOX TO TAKE UP THE EXT CAB AND I CAN DO SOME REAL TIGHT LOOKING FIBERGLASS OR JUST A REALLY NICE LOOKING SET UP OR I CAN CUT THROUGH THE BOTTOM PART OF MY CAB IN TO THE BED AND MAKE THE BOX IN THE BED AND THE SUBS FACEING IN AND KEEP MY BACK SEAT BUT FROM WHAT EVERY ONE I HAVE TALKED TO SAID I WOULD BE SORRY LATER IF I CUT THE TRUCK BECAUSE IF I GO TO SELL IT OR TAKE THE SYSTEM OUT I WILL HAVE A HOLE I WILL HALF TO WELD BACK UP WHAT DO YOU THINK ?? MY OTHER THING IS WITH IT IN THE BED I WAS THINKING IT WOULD BE EASER TO HAVE STUFF STOLEN BECAUSE IT IS REALLY NOT ALL THAT SECURE
Definelty dont cut the truck. And its hard to fiberglass mods to fit into a truck. Trucks are just.........

A challenge :) But definetly a square box with a single 12" thats like 4 ^3 feet and some power going to that baby , ported of course and tune to about 35-37 hz and wow u have a spl monster. then move on to your mids and highs and your sq.

Its just cheaper, easier, and can look great

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i am wanting it to just look real nice when i open it up and i was wanting to do some fiberglasing work but from what i have seen it is something that i would hlaf to keep up on since this is still going to be my daily

i think vinal will be fine and look right

i already have what i am running for my mids and highs picked out

2 sets if alpine 176A comp sets
4x6 alpine 3 ways
6x9 alpine 4 ways

i am running these for 2 resons sound and price i can buy all of this for under 500 so i think it will sound grate and perform well at the same time i am going to be putting the same brand of amp i will have on my subs on these because i think it looks better to have matching componets in a system

Last edited by 82onJUICE at Nov 15 2003, 02:01 AM

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i started buying stuff for my system to day i just got a US Amp 2000x i got a sweet as deal on it 450 bucks they retail for over 1200 so i think i made out pretty nice on it nexst is subs and start makeing the box

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JUST GOT A DEAL ON MY OTHER 2000X AND MY 2 18" TREO SSX SUBS
I WILL NOT HAVE EVERY THING FOR A WEEK TO 2 WEEKS BUT I AM GOING TO START MAKING MY BOX AND AMP RACK

I WILL POST A NEW TOPIC IN ABOUT A WEEK WHEN I START EVERY THING HAVE TO MAKE SOME ROOM IN MY GRAGE TO DO THIS CAUSE IT IS WAY TO DAMN COLD TO TRY INSTALLING OUT SIDE :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts