LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have got a air bag system with this sytem I have a few ?'s most of it is installed but I am having some probs

:( 1st prob ok the check valve how dose this thing work ?
here is what I have done on 1 side I have put 12 volts on other side I have it running out to a relay to kick the compressor on at least this is what I think that it should be hooked up here is the ?' should the check valve put out 12 volts ? when no air is in the tank or 12 volts when tank is filled

2nd prob air valves dose the air tank have to be filled before the air valves push air i get clicking sounds but no air comes out if them to the bags I am not really sure how the valves work all they do is click click click when i use a switch or put power to them can someone explane to me how the valves are to work are they to move in or out or anything ? how do they let air move ?

k this is a good start i am sure i have have more prob's thanks

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
this may help some..

youre confusing the check valve with the pressure switch..
most pressure switches can be wired normally open or normally closed...

you want power to go through the switch when there is no air in the tank, so that would be the normally closed contacts...

if there is no air in the tank, then no air will get to the bags, and all the valves will do is click...

let us know if you need more help with this...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok think i kinda understand this so when no air is in the tank on the P. switch i should have 12 volts coming back out of it . if so then maybe mine is bad . this pix that you posted is that just a relay or is that something else cause i do have this part and have it wired like you have posted but no power to the compressor side of the little box just power going in a ground on the P. switch no 12v out ? could this be the 1st prob.

and thanks for the reply :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
thats a solenoid, just like juiced cars use. you can get them from an auto parts store, tell them its a motorcraft solenoid..

do you have a multimeter??

if so, see if you have power to the big stud on the side of the solenoid.
and power to the little top stud also...

possibly, you could have the small wire from the p switch connected to the wrong top terminal of the solenoid.

also, make sure the solenoid is grounded, otherwise it will not work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok solenoid works as long as i put 12 volts to the side where the P. switch is i do have 12 volts going to the switch but none coming out ? so P. switch is bad i guess so where can i buy one or you do i have to order another one off line ? thanks ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok more detail of my P. switch on the side of the switch it says
off 9.5 Kg/cm
on 8.0Kg/cm
dose this mean tanks needs air before the switch will work ? ?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
no, that means it will kick in when the pressure drops to 133psi, and turn off when it reaches 135, which is a very narrow deadband, but that doesnt matter right now.

so what youre saying is, that there is no power coming out of the pressure switch?

try this just to troubleshoot then...

take the power wire going to the pressure switch, and connect it to the small terminal on the solenoid... see if the compressor kicks on... dont let the compressor run for more than a couple of seconds though...

let me know what happens...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok little wire that gose to pressure switch with 12 volts on it hooked to small terminal on the solenoid the compressor kicks on :biggrin: I only let it run for a sec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
P. Switch only has 2 wires
and I also grounded the tank to make sure it has a ground

Last edited by Xessive at Sep 30 2003, 11:08 PM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts