LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to git an alarm for my car and dont know were to start. whats a good brand to look for?, are the ones thay sell at best buy or circuit city any good?? i was wanting to know because i plan on putting a system in my car and want to git an alarm

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
most middle to upper grade alarms from DEI cant go wrong. my opinion DEI is the best, i wouldn't waste my time to anything else. Also make shure it has a good long range 2 way key fob. alarm dosent do whole lot of good if you dont know its going off

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Nov 21 2008, 02:52 PM~12223007
most middle to upper grade alarms from DEI cant go wrong. my opinion DEI is the best, i wouldn't waste my time to anything else. Also make shure it has a good long range 2 way key fob. alarm dosent do whole lot of good if you dont know its going off
yes sir

I got 2 of the viper 791xv's and they haven't done me wrong

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
DEI/Viper is all I use. btw, I WILL NEVER DO IT MY SELF AGAIN! FUCKING CONFUSING MAN... BLUE WITH WHITE STRIPE... THERE ARE THREE!

·
Registered
684 Posts
i like compustar, astroflex, and dei in that order

·
Registered
873 Posts
i've had python, viper, clifford, and higher end prestige. they've all been good. it all boils down to the old saying, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
941 Posts
x2 on DEI / Viper. My Autopage has also not let me down.

Do you plan on installing it yourself? If not, Id speak with the installer before he installs it, And ask him how much extra for him to hide it way up in the dash behind the inst. cluster. A battery backup, and a extra siren with a battery backup would help out alot as well.

The best alarm out there, Is only as good as its install.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by Represent316@Nov 22 2008, 04:30 PM~12230311
x2 on DEI / Viper. My Autopage has also not let me down.

Do you plan on installing it yourself? If not, Id speak with the installer before he installs it, And ask him how much extra for him to hide it way up in the dash behind the inst. cluster. A battery backup, and a extra siren with a battery backup would help out alot as well.

The best alarm out there, Is only as good as its install.
x a million

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info. im gonna have it installed at a shop for sure but im just shopping around fro a good brand now, everyone so far has said dei? i"ve never herd of it :happysad: were do they sell it,or whats a good model to git? i'm new to alarms and some stereo stuff so i'd figure i'd ask around before i went and spent my hard earned money on crap

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm trying to git my alarm straightened out before i git my system started up so i'm all ears

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by Str8crazy80@Nov 28 2008, 01:43 AM~12279271
thanks for the info. im gonna have it installed at a shop for sure but im just shopping around fro a good brand now, everyone so far has said dei? i"ve never herd of it :happysad: were do they sell it,or whats a good model to git? i'm new to alarms and some stereo stuff so i'd figure i'd ask around before i went and spent my hard earned money on crap
python, clifford, hornet, viper, there all dei alarms.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Originally posted by All Out Customs@Nov 30 2008, 03:01 AM~12293269
Try http://www.the12volt.com for tech questions.
:cheesy: :cheesy: this is wat ive been looking for thanks this is like a installers bible for me now no more asking ??'s

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Nov 30 2008, 08:01 PM~12299445
:cheesy:  :cheesy: this is wat ive been looking for thanks this is like a installers bible for me now no more asking ??'s

Yup, its a good place for networking and learning from other installers that have the same car audio passion. Glad I could help. :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
145 Posts
i would recomend a professional install, ive had issues with installing alarms myself, i may work at a shop when my homie needs help but i dont have the patience for and alarm cuz every car is different, but you might even look into gettin a proximity sensor, i got an autopage alarm and a proximity but i also got the pager keypad so i know when its goin off, it does get expensive though, but you can also buy it a piece at a time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts