LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im about to buy a Caddy which one im not sure but its out of a 94 Deville Sedan or 89 Brougham Sedan or a 88 Deville Sedan. Now im putting 2 Resonant Engineering 15s in a ported box in the trunk and that will take up 6 cubic feet of room. I read somewhere that there is something like 18 cubic feet in the trunk of 94 Cadillac Deville. So im left with 12 Cubic feet. So here is where my questions begin. First off I ll give you guys an idea of what im looking to do with my hydraulics. I want to be able to have the f/b/s/s movements (so pancake,see saw etc.), hopping, and 3 Wheelin.

1) So with my limited space which will I be able to perfom.
2) What items do I need to do all of this.
3)Any suggestion on any kits to buy or Hydraulics Shops in Michigan (I know of Down N Dirty Kustoms).
4) With just a guess what do you guys think it would cost me to have the hydraulics installed w/o parts.
5) Is there anything else I should have done to the car for hydraulics besides getting the actual hydraulic parts and having them installed.

Thanks in Advance for your guys knowledge

-Jp

·
Registered
237 Posts
A SIMPLE STREET SETUP WITH 2 PUMPS AND 4 BATTS WONT TAKE UP MUCH ROOM AT ALL. U CAN DO DRIVING 3 WHEEL FBSS SEASAW N PANCAKE.. BUT IF U WANT A BIGGER HYDRO SETUP MAYBE U SHOULD CONSIDER BUILDING THE STEREO FROM THE BACK SEAT

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You want a power 3 that sits and be able to do power side to side, with hopping? You need to make room for the hydros first man, then worry about the room for the stereo BS.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You work your car around the juice bro. You never ever, work the juice around the stereo equipment. Thats the first mistake. Without the hydros your stereo wouldn't be shit. But if you work them and not sacrifice the juice you will get props and bouncing outweights the praise from the bumps. Seriously you must trust that advice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
the cost of your setup goes beyond the hydros. You need lots of reinforcements (frame, a-arms, trailing arms) especially if you're hittin three with it. then you look at the cost of equipment and installation, and then paint if you're goin that far. And wheels.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Since he was going to take it to a shop I figured I woulnt include explaining what the shop was going to do. Thats all. Do you want something that people glance at while walking by, or stare at with amazement on how everything ties in together as a whole. Its all about presentation and class. Not space saving, especially with juice.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Honestly, you should go with a different set of choices for a car. Every one of those cars is FWD, except i think the 89 brougham sedan, but i could be wrong about that one.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Nov 30 2003, 10:08 PM
Honestly, you should go with a different set of choices for a car. Every one of those cars is FWD, except i think the 89 brougham sedan, but i could be wrong about that one.
i dont think the 88 deville is fwd but i could also be wrong....and to the person wanting to know about space i suggest getting the vehicle with the biggest trunk.....pretty sure that would be the fleetwood also...and also just because the thing says it has 18 cubic feet doesnt mean your going to be able to use all of that

·
Registered
589 Posts
A '94 SEDAN DEVILLE IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE I HAD ONE W/ SWITCHES AND STEREO IT UNIBODY AND I HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLES WITH IT ,ALSO YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO WITH ALL THE WIRING BESINGS THAT ALL THE CARS ECM,PCM,COMPUTER SHIT IS IN THE TRUNK ALSO IT WAS A WHORE ..NEVER AGAIN :angry: :uh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts