LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Today i just got a 66 buick wildcat convertible, for those of you that don't know i just finished up a 64 fairlane with airbags. But for this car, i think i want to go with a 3 pump setup and wrap the frame. I've been reading through old posts and saw that a lot of people said you need 3 pumps to do a standing 3 wheel, but a few said they've done it with 2 pumps and wired the dumps for each rear wheel separately, can you stand 3 like that or is 3 pumps the way to go? I also know weight distribution is a big part of it, but if you have the same weight with a 3 pump and a 2 pump setup, could you stand 3 with both? Also, i want to wrap the frame, but i've never done it before and learned what little i know from the posts on this website, is there a book or anything that i could get to really learn how to do it right? or should i just ask a bunch of questions as i go along? i know volv-lo has a book that has good info, i'll be picking that up before i start, but does anyone have other suggestions as a good place to really start to learn how to install your own hydraulics? Thanks a lot, here are a few pictures of the car, and of my fairlane since i usually just post in the airbag section here.

Frank

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lowriding 'lane@Jul 27 2005, 09:00 PM
what are you laughin at? :dunno:  lol what's up dan, you have a mean 3 with your 63, any secrets you want to let me in on?  i just don't want to hear your tips for wrapping the frame  ;)  how many batteries are you running?
[snapback]3492953[/snapback]​
running the rear pumps at 36, the front at 72
3 batts on each side

heres a tip, 72V kills motors fast

do a coil over on the back, I'm running 12's, the next car is gonna get 16's though

Im not very familiar with the 66 buick frame, it should be the same as an Impala from the same time?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey dan,
thanks for the tips, it looks like you can hop a decent amount with 72 volts, that's what i was planning on running to the front pump too but i didn't know how quick it'd be, even though the front end of the buick is probably heavier than the impala, it'll still be plenty quicker than the air ride :). do 12s give you a good lockup? do you have any pics of the car with the front and back all the way up? what size cylinders did you run in front? I'm pretty sure the frame is pretty similar to the impalas of that year, i'll be pulling the body off either today or sometime in the next couple days, i'll post pictures up when i get it off.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lowriding 'lane@Jul 28 2005, 10:03 AM
hey dan,
thanks for the tips, it looks like you can hop a decent amount with 72 volts, that's what i was planning on running to the front pump too but i didn't know how quick it'd be, even though the front end of the buick is probably heavier than the impala, it'll still be plenty quicker than the air ride :).  do 12s give you a good lockup?  do you have any pics of the car with the front and back all the way up?  what size cylinders did you run in front?  I'm pretty sure the frame is pretty similar to the impalas of that year, i'll be pulling the body off either today or sometime in the next couple days, i'll post pictures up when i get it off.
[snapback]3495375[/snapback]​
i have 8's in the front.
because of the panhard bar, the axle shifts, and puts the tire into the quarter panel before I get full extension

1 - 7 of 7 Posts