LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i ahve a 81 stepside truck. Im doing a body drop this winter. The truck is already lowered, and including the body drop i want it to rest on the ground. Now heres where i wanna make sure i understand things. IF i go air ride is this the way it works.........When im parked the air ride is empty so my truck lays on the ground. When i start the compressor and build up air , i can rasie my truck, and drive it around, then when i wanna park i let all the air out to set it back down right>????

THANSK FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
327 Posts
basically, yeah. the compressor fills your reserve tanks, and then you open up air valves and let the air from the tanks into the individual bags, which lifts the truck up. then you open up your dump valves, and the air from the bags escapes, leaving you on the ground...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
its not too clear wat your asking but im guessing your asking if your bags are fully deflated that your able to lay on the ground? if your asking that question yes and when you wanna drive around your compressors shouldnt have to create air before you can raise it up the compressor should create air in an air tank while your parked and when you wanna go you just hit the switch up....?????

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK , then i was right, thanks so much . I was jsut confused, i thought that the air bags had to always have air in them , that they never went completely empty. IM guessing the only problem wiht this setup is if you blow a line or a bag , you have to get your ride towed home.......lol

THANKS AGAIN.

Last edited by bouncy_like_tigger at Sep 19 2003, 07:48 AM

·
Registered
327 Posts
you don't have to get it towed home, you just have to drag ass home...:) but, seriously, if you install it right, so that nothing rubs on the bag at any point through it's full range of travel, you shouldn't ever blow a bag, unless you put WAYYY too much pressure through it. the lines are a little trickier, but you shouldn't blow them, either if you route them well. run 'em inside the frame rails, away from any moving or hot parts and you shouldn't have to worry about blowing anything.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by bouncy_like_tigger@Sep 19 2003, 08:47 AM
OK , then i was right, thanks so much . I was jsut confused, i thought that the air bags had to always have air in them , that they never went completely empty. IM guessing the only problem wiht this setup is if you blow a line or a bag , you have to get your ride towed home.......lol

THANKS AGAIN.
you can always carry tools and extra parts if something goes wrong.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts