LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Is there someone that has this ready to install, like a top kit or something like that?

·
I AM A
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by TOPO@Jul 29 2005, 08:56 AM
Is there someone that has this ready to install, like a top kit or something like that?
[snapback]3503339[/snapback]​
Not that I know of. I know they sell the fiberglass shells.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
150 to 400? Thats not bad at all...Im was expecting it to be over a grand and thought I would really be paying some big bucks for something like this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldnt know what kind of shop would do this but imma soon start to look around because mine just has a hardtop, so looking forward to getting something like this done.

·
Banned
29,665 Posts
i paid 450 for this one .. i know i paid way too much though but this is the only guy around here that does em.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that looks pretty good though. I was expecting to pay so much more. Is that a Cutlass or Regal?

·
Banned
29,665 Posts
Originally posted by 91CADDY@Jul 30 2005, 07:47 PM
Man that looks pretty good though.  I was expecting to pay so much more.  Is that a Cutlass or Regal?
[snapback]3512126[/snapback]​
cutty

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are the different kind of fabrics and which looks best? Well I want something like the pics posted above but I dont know what the hell kind of fabric it is.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I have a quick question.

Does anyone know if you could add a top to a Cutlass without one?

Does anyone know if it lowers the price of the car?

I think it makes the car look better but im just curious.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know whether or not u could add a top to it or not...but im soon getting mine and im getting it paint green bc/cc and then getting a black top put on. Are you asking the price to lower the car? If so I dont know but i think it would look better to if the car would be lowered a little.

·
Registered
865 Posts
you can put a top on anything. on the g bodies there is a small window reducer that gets riveted on the back before the fabrik is laid. as for value usually a car with a top is worth more because it is usually a special edition of some sort. hope that helps :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i got my full top put on for $300
weatherproof white vynil

any interior shop can do it, they'll spray a glue down on top of the car to hold the foam, then another coat of glue to hold the vynil or whatever fabric.

then use chroem trim and rivet like screws to trim it off..
i wouldnt pay more than 4 for it unless it was some crazy alligator skin or gucci lv shit.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Originally posted by GBODY509@Jul 30 2005, 05:08 PM~3511721
i paid 450 for this one .. i know i paid way too much though but this is the only guy around here that does em.
Damn, that's what I want. Let me get that # so I can call homeboy up and get a quote for a lac. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I wouldnt mind the number either... Im in Virginia and im pretty sure theres nothing over here so I dont mind traveling. Where are some of these places located?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts