LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these are the new wires that I got Today for my first lowrider (75 Caddy). They are 14X6"s in the rear and 14X7 in the front. My question is that the rims still rub a little on the lip that the skirt rest on (the top of it). What should I do? Should I cut it out and try and find a way to secure my skirt or something else? Please let me know what I should do before I start cuttin.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
You have a few options. Easiest would be to grind the inner lip on the skirt until you have enough clearance. Second shorten your rear end. Third would be get some Daytons which would eliminate having to do either one mentionned above.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
does the rim rub or the tire! if its the tire you could always go with 520 and that will solve it! what sive tire you running?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well It was so tight I could not even use the hinge to mount the skirt so I cut the inner lip and shaved the skirt on the inside completly. On my car there was about a 4" offset on the fender behind the skirt. So I have two bolts holding on to the skirt on either side which is more secure than before, but now I have a skirt. And I'll post a pic of it tonight but. I thought of everything and this was a last resort. It looks good and I dont have to worry about rubbbing anymore. :cool:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Originally posted by NY G-LACCIN@Sep 30 2006, 07:12 AM~6275711
Well It was so tight I could not even use the hinge to mount the skirt so I cut the inner lip and shaved the skirt on the inside completly. On my car there was about a 4" offset on the fender behind the skirt. So I have two bolts holding on to the skirt on either side which is more secure than before, but now I have a skirt. And I'll post a pic of it tonight but. I thought of everything and this was a last resort. It looks good and I dont have to worry about rubbbing anymore. :cool:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
nice wheels :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts