LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the hydro world but not to the custom world so i know my way around a shop fairl well. im workn on a international harvester 1/2 ton pikup..i have traded for a hydro set up i want to use on this truck 2pumps, 4 dumps, 2rear cylinder 10" but i need to get the front cylinders and batts...All i want to do with this set up is to be able to lay out the truck and raise to ride highth no hoppn!my question is what size or how to determan what size cylinders i need for the front a-arm suspesion/ what i need and the best way to mount the hydros using the leaf spring set up. do i need to purchase powerballs? Any info will be much appreciated thax

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
would need pics of that trucks suspension. no you dont need powerballs for a simple setup. and 8" cylinders will get you all the lift you could possibley get in the front

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
you dont need power balls for the rear, but its recommended, do it right the first time, that way you dont get into prblms. but you might need to get a brigde put on the rear that way you dont get the bed of the truck all bend up,

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
WELL IS IT A 4X4?
YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK OUT THE SUSPENSION FIRST TO SEE IF YOU MIGHT NEED TO ADD BRACKETS AND WHAT NOT,,ALSO CYLINDER CLEARANCE,..GOOD LUCK HOMIE

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
''international harvester 1/2 ton pikup'' What the F is that :0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the suspension is identical to a 7os chevy 1/2 ton pickup, and its a 2x2 ill try to get some pics posted soon

·
Lowrider
4,144 Posts
Originally posted by duddly76@Dec 15 2008, 04:14 PM~12436479
the suspension is identical to a 7os chevy 1/2 ton pickup, and its a 2x2 ill try to get some pics posted soon
its a 2x4! it should be a faily simple install. I used to have a international scout. they are bad ass trucks. good luck and show somw pics of it and when its done

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
wow thats a bad ass truck homie :thumbsup: :puffin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts