LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuts goin on homies I don't have a low rider but I always wanted one and with some saving and planning I plan on buying or building one in the near future but I have a few questions.

1.Is it cheaper to buy or build a low rider cause I see low riders for sale on a few web sites and they not selling them for that much so I'm thinking something must be wrong with the car?

2.How much do it cost on average to build a low rider from hydraulics to paint to interior? I want Candi Blue paint,with white leather interior and f-b-s-s with 3 wheel motion hydraulics with a nice sounding stereo.

3.Can someone tell me the name of the half moon looking chrome headlight covers so I know what to look for when I start buying parts?

.4 Are Dayton wheels worth the price or can I get some off brand wheels to match the paint that just as good as Dayton's? I saw some powder coated wheels to match the paint on ebay with tires that were cheap.

5 If I buy a car to fix up what should be the first thing I do, then second, third ,and so on?

6. Can someone in the Houston area tell me some shops to get hydraulics,paint...etc.?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
it depends what you want if you want the pride and respect build your own car you will spend more on it than buying one thats already jucied and ready to go .if you just want to save money and cruse by one fix up real riders fix up their own....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx homie that's exactly what I told my wife , and I rather fix it up myself so I'll know what I have. Do anyone have an opinion on convertibles versus hardtops and what cars are true low riders cause I'm looking at a few Cadillacs , Impalas, and Caprices.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS LOWRIDERS TAKE TIME AND MONEY. YOU CAN GO TWO WAYS THE CHEAP WAY AND HAVE AN OK LOOKEN LOWRIDER OR YOU CAN SPEND SOME MONEY AND HAVE A KICK ASS LOWRIDER. YOU HAVE LOOK AROUND FOR THE BEST DEALS, DONT JUMP ON THE FIRST DEAL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the info "nocaddylikemine" thats why I'm doing research now so I dont bite off more than I can chew...what model Caddi is that

·
Banned
8,474 Posts
making a lo lo takes time and $. i've had my 81 cutty for 4 years and all i've done is put a sound system with tv, 100 spoke rims and finally got my juice in a few months ago. all i need is interior thats next and a paint job. its not gonna be a show car its just my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
The decision to build one yourself is not always an easy one to make. There are a lot of rides out there built by their owner that could have been a lot better. If you can find a built ride at a reasonable price, then buy it if you like it. If you have no experience at it, sometimes that's the best way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the average cost to build one cause Ive seen some for sale between 15,000 and 20,000 but I'm a lil worried about buying one already fixed up then cruising a month and the motor falls out..lol

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
first car I'd say buy a nice one already done..spend way less money...be able to get your ride on and then later look to upgrade..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Originally posted by Rodrick@Sep 15 2005, 05:16 PM~3822926
thanx for the info "nocaddylikemine" thats why I'm doing research now so I dont bite off more than I can chew...what  model Caddi is that
ITS A 93 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM, JUST TAKE UR TIME AND MAKE A GOOD DECISION.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Originally posted by Rodrick@Sep 12 2005, 12:54 AM~3796760
Wuts goin on homies I don't have a low rider but I always wanted one and with some saving and planning I plan on buying or building one in the near future but I have a few questions.

1.Is it cheaper to buy or build a low rider cause I see low riders for sale on a few web sites and they not selling them for that much so I'm thinking something must be wrong with the car?

2.How much do it cost on average to build a low rider from hydraulics to paint to interior? I want Candi Blue paint,with white leather interior and f-b-s-s with 3 wheel motion hydraulics with a nice sounding stereo.

3.Can someone tell me the name of the half moon looking chrome headlight covers so I know what to look for when I start buying parts?

.4 Are Dayton wheels worth the price or can I get some off brand wheels to match the paint that just as good as Dayton's? I saw some powder coated wheels to match the paint on ebay with tires that were cheap.

5 If I buy a car to fix up what should be the first thing I do, then second, third ,and so on?

6. Can someone in the Houston area tell me some shops to get hydraulics,paint...etc.?

1. $$$$$

2.TIme

3.Patience

1 - 11 of 11 Posts