LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a few questions i am starting a new system for my 2001 Monte carlo, who has the best subs without having to spend 1000 a piece, i was really likeing the solar barics, and the memphis subs but now im curious about the RE subs i was wanting 3 12's but if 2 or maybe even 4 is better i would go with that. also i heard sum trash talking about the audiobahn subs, but what about there amps ?

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
There really isnt a "best sub". I'd personally stay away from all of audiobahns stuff. I see you have ben reading up on the fourm before you posted ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yeh i noticed that too, thought that was pretty cool...

what are you looking for, a very loud system (regardless if it sounds good or not), or a very good sound quality system(regardless if its not that loud), or somewhere in between>?

how much are you will to spend ALL TOGETHER on subwoofers?

do you plan on changing your door speakers?

did you change your cdplayer, if so, which one did you get, if not, will you?

how much are you will to spend on an amp?

what do you have already??

-qs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im looking for a lot of bass, i already upgraded the hu Pioneer p7700mp, i plan on changing the door speakers dont know which ones yet pioneer, JL, maybe polk. i seen a guy that spent 320 on a RE 18, so i was thinking about 250 on each, as for amps i dont really know. Oh yeah i have been readin up, didnt want to get on here and get clowned

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Hardmoney@Sep 20 2005, 07:17 PM~3852986
Im looking for a lot of bass, i already upgraded the hu Pioneer p7700mp, i plan on changing the door speakers dont know which ones yet pioneer, JL, maybe polk. i seen a guy that spent 320 on a RE 18, so i was thinking about 250 on each, as for amps i dont really know. Oh yeah i have been readin up, didnt want to get on here and get clowned
250 per sub isn't gonna get you an 18 from RE...you could get an sx12 for 250 plus freight though ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
naw i wasnt trying to get an 18 i just seen sumbody that did i dont need nething that big, i was thinking that maybe i can get sum 12's for about that price

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Hardmoney@Sep 20 2005, 07:34 PM~3853124
naw i wasnt trying to get an 18 i just seen sumbody that did i dont need nething that big, i was thinking that maybe i can get sum 12's for about that price
sx 12's are 250 each..go with a pair in a nice vented enclosure :cool:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 20 2005, 08:47 PM~3853218
sx 12's are 250 each..go with a pair in a nice vented enclosure :cool:
that would sound pretty nice...

aint nothing wrong with bangin frequencies between 30 and 80 hertz :puffin:

i wish the people in my area wanted shit like this, i would LOVE to do an install for a system of HIGH quality(make that trunk REALL clean with a wall for subs and all)... they all want prefab boxes, and they all want decent quality at the lowest price...they look at you like, "you can build boxes for subs?, why would you do that when they have some already made??"... and i just look at them and say, "Bitch, just pay me and forget i brought it up"...

-qs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for u guys info i e-mailed Re on prices and things like that cuttie buddie i wish i could have you come up with a nice setup for me, but most people down here (oklahoma) some people act like the things i want done cant be done when i seen it with my own eyes, but i found a guy from cali. thats good and after i get the stuff were going to make a design 4 the whole trunk with fiberglass and all, what type of amp do u guys suggest ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 20 2005, 06:00 PM~3853333
that would sound pretty nice...

aint nothing wrong with bangin frequencies between 30 and 80 hertz :puffin:
i wish the people in my area wanted shit like this, i would LOVE to do an install for a system of HIGH quality(make that trunk REALL clean with a wall for subs and all)... they all want prefab boxes, and they all want decent quality at the lowest price...they look at you like, "you can build boxes for subs?, why would you do that when they have some already made??"... and i just look at them and say, "Bitch, just pay me and forget i brought it up"...

-qs
God i feel sorry for you :(

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Hardmoney@Sep 20 2005, 06:36 PM~3853565
thanks for u guys info i e-mailed Re on prices and things like that cuttie buddie i wish i could have you come up with a nice setup for me, but most people down here (oklahoma) some people act like the things i want done cant be done when i seen it with my own eyes, but i found a guy from cali. thats good and after i get the stuff were going to make a design 4 the whole trunk with fiberglass and all, what type of amp do u guys suggest ?
what kind of subs did you choose to go with?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by David_trueplaya_69@Sep 21 2005, 02:10 PM~3857364
God i feel sorry for you :(
yeh, i tried to get my homeboy Ced. to let me design a wall for his trunk, for two 10" 05 kicker comps( i tried to get him to go with twin 15" Comvrs)... he wasnt feeling it, he didnt wanna pay for the wood, glue, silicon, etc...

but i was gonna port the box... it was gonna be a 2 chambered box, with the subs in the center and ports on the outer sides... i then was gonna add some more wood to the rectangular box so that it slanted upwards just a bit, then i was gonna use a template of his trunk (card board) to trace out his trunk design, so i can build a wall (hiding the amp as well)...

the shit i had in mind was REALL nice, he woulda got alot of props when he popped his trunk(the subs would have hit mich harder too, even though they hit pretty good now)...

i had drew the shit out an all (rough sketches and measurements), but of course, we all dont wanna spend money on silly things like car audio right :biggrin: ...

-qs

·
Registered
844 Posts
I run 3 type R alpine12,s off of one mrd-m1005 in aported box(seperate chambers) it get real loud and is clean also alpine for a good mix of spl and sq
diamond audio for more sq d3 or d6 suds sound really good

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 21 2005, 02:46 PM~3858523
yeh, i tried to get my homeboy Ced. to let me design a wall for his trunk, for two 10" 05 kicker comps( i tried to get him to go with twin 15" Comvrs)... he wasnt feeling it, he didnt wanna pay for the wood, glue, silicon, etc...

That sounds like up here in Fort Hood. All those army guys get thier signing bonus and want some bump for their POS...then dont want to pay for anything to be done right, and then wonder why everyone laughs at their Audiobahn 1251's, boss amps and prefab boxes. Now dont get me wrong, some prefabs are nice (subzone comes to mind) but most are hack flea market jobbies. They want to spend $350 and expect to get $5000 worth of performance out of it. They'd rather buy 26" rims and run pymarid amps....its retarded.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 23 2005, 12:58 PM~3871884
That sounds like up here in Fort Hood.

are you on Ft Hood??

I make so much money off soliders doing installs that its scary....

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I meant Fort Knox,....sorry, I used to live near Fort Hood too, but its really the same deal at any base...tons of retards with money and no idea what to do with it. Yeah, you can make a ton of cash off of them..but I personally feel bad taking their money. I dont know how many enlisted folks ive helped for free just because I felt bad for em.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 23 2005, 01:07 PM~3871955
I meant Fort Knox,....sorry, I used to live near Fort Hood too, but its really the same deal at any base...tons of retards with money and no idea what to do with it.  Yeah, you can make a ton of cash off of them..but I personally feel bad taking their money.  I dont know how many enlisted folks ive helped for free just because I felt bad for em.
I dont like soliders for the most part so I dont feel bad making cash off of them... I get them shit for less than the local shops do but I still make a nice profit on the sales and a killing on the installs. I do great work for them, but Ill be damned if Id do shit for free :mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts