LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pirce is 10% my hesitation away from candy but the other 90% is that i cant find any painters in my city that are experienced with it, they want me to buy rthe paint and extra so they can get the hang of it, i dont want my car being a guinea pig and thnnhave to pay them.

so what are some other types of paint i want it smooth and durable. i will hopfully be having a couple layers of paint and like 4-5 clears. thanks
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
nothing beats candy..

but there are some cool paints that change color in the right light, not like Chamelion or anything, but heave metallics..
ford has that Mystic paint that is bad ass!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,840 Posts
it seems that some people may not realize that even some of the so called stock colored paints that are coming out these days still require you to put a base coat down first and then the main paint color-----some of the newer gm paints that come on the cadillas for instance is a "three stage" paint----which means base, color and then clear-----just like a candy and sometimes depending on the paint they might be even more expensive then a candy-----------and require the painter to have some basic knowledge of three stage paints-----i would say let then try the candy---maybe have them do some test panels first----ask them to give you a really discounted rate so then can learn w/ you together-----------peace
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Sep 29 2003, 04:17 PM
it seems that some people may not realize that even some of the so called stock colored paints that are coming out these days still require you to put a base coat down first and then the main paint color-----some of the newer gm paints that come on the cadillas for instance is a "three stage" paint----which means base, color and then clear-----just like a candy and sometimes depending on the paint they might be even more expensive then a candy-----------and require the painter to have some basic knowledge of three stage paints-----i would say let then try the candy---maybe have them do some test panels first----ask them to give you a really discounted rate so then can learn w/ you together-----------peace
you are exactlt right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,106 Posts
** I would just check out the HOK line of "Kandy base coats"-- these are kandys mixed with pearls ....You will need a base coat but , They are easier to spray & They are cheaper in price ... I have seen these 2 side by side ( both the same color )& it was hard to tell the difference --- It was the HOK harley painted by Jon Kosmoski sittin next to his 30's coupe that was in full kandy paint ... Cosmo challenged me to find the repair that he had made to the fender on the coupe --- " Who said you cant blend a Kandy?"-- Thats what he said to me at "back to the 50's car show"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,504 Posts
look at the new ppg line of paints. like lowriderlife said, some of these ARE THREE STAGE paints. look at the blue that dodge has, also on the Cadillac Trucks, kia makes a nicy lime gold. but that one blue is fucken bad, id paint a car that color. is a very deep color. many of these other colors have pearl in it. some of these paints might also be as expensive as candy (depending on your cost), like cypress gold (Navigator color) can cost a nice dime to put on your car. dont knock the stock colors, they are very nice. go through a ppg color book of newer makes, youll see a lot of colors that will catch your eye
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top