LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the story with this car goes like this. jim's father gave him this charger when he turned 16. it was complete but needed some cosmetic work. jim drove the car until he graduated high school, and parked it in his dads garage when he went to college. he worked on the car off and on when he had the time during his four years in college. he was 22 when got out, and had it primered and almost ready for paint. before he painted it he decided to see what the mopar could do, so he drove her down to an old road that had a 5 mile straightaway and he let the mopar rip. coming off the line the chargers rear tires smoked out the two lane road and roared down the street. but as fate would have it, when jim shifted into third gear, the rear tires hit a patch of wet road and the car lost all traction, spinning out, flipping over in a ditch, and finally slaming into a tree. jim managed to drive the car back home and parked it in the garage where the car has sat since '95. ever since the accident jim hasn't been able to look at the old mopar, and has turned his back on it for ever. who knows if this old piece of american iron will end up with a new owner or in a junk yard , left to rot away to nothing.

please keep in mind i still have more weathering and detailing to do yet. input always welcomed.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
that is alot of hard work,no?but its comming along good

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOVE IT !! ... dig that little tale about Jim, and the car too !! ... poor Jim :(

nice lookin work man !, and cool concept

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 306caddy@Nov 29 2003, 03:17 PM
theres some posts in here about busted models and shit.. how do u get that effect?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

well....... not all of us go to extremes but you get the idea right? ;) lol

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in this case i glued the grill in, and snaped in place the chassis, and used a heat gun to soften the plastic and pushed the car into a hard object to get the crushed look. when i was done, i took off the grille and chassis, primered with red oxide primer/ and spots of grey. then i put the other pieces back in place.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Nov 30 2003, 01:30 AM
in this case i glued the grill in, and snaped in place the chassis, and used a heat gun to soften the plastic and pushed the car into a hard object to get the crushed look. when i was done, i took off the grille and chassis, primered with red oxide primer/ and spots of grey. then i put the other pieces back in place.
i like this idea better than a welding torch
very nice idea, i would say cut the passengerside door out and make the it pushed a litte to the back... know what i mean?

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I got a Charger that's black with a whit top with music notes on the roof, black daytons, fat whites, a chain steering wheels and 2 motors that looks about like that! Except it isn't wrecked. Nice though! I think somebody else should try this as a lowrider, it's a great car when dropped on 13's! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pics don't do any justice. the whole grille/bumper/splashpan area is caved in in the center in a semi-circle shape like it rapped the tree. origianlly i was going to do this up a flaked out, dark blue with a set of the lo pro's and chrome wires from the 64 impala lolo kit, but when i got back from vacation the cat had gotten into my shit and i lost a shitload of parts to this kit

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 29 2003, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 29 2003, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--306caddy@Nov 29 2003, 03:17 PM
theres some posts in here about busted models and shit.. how do u get that effect?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

well....... not all of us go to extremes but you get the idea right? ;) lol[/b][/quote]
LOL You got a little bottle.. you should see my size!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by fabfiveprez+Dec 2 2003, 09:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fabfiveprez @ Dec 2 2003, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64_impalas@Dec 2 2003, 06:28 AM
where did it hit the tree ? shouldnt it have a big round mark from the tree ?
i think it looks more like it hit a wall[/b][/quote]
yeri know man but he said it hit a tree.. . normaly theres a big circle dent from been hit by a tree

1 - 15 of 15 Posts