LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Wow thats cool, I didn't realize those paint ball tanks were 3000 psi.

I'm sure you could then as long as there is enough volume in It. (never had a piston pump)

Now I'm out lookin for a regulator for 1 of those tanks

Damn I'm going to go buy a few of those for charging accumulators.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Feb 17 2010, 03:19 PM~16642611
Wow thats cool,  I didn't realize those paint ball tanks were 3000 psi.

I'm sure you could then as long as there is enough volume in It. (never had a piston pump)

Now I'm out lookin for a regulator for 1 of those tanks

Damn I'm going to go buy a few of those for charging accumulators.
kool :biggrin: keep me posted

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by kold187um@Feb 17 2010, 02:36 PM~16642213
I AM CURENTLY SHOPPING FOR A NITROGEN TANK TO FILL MY BLADDER AND PISTON PUMPS.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE A PAINT BALL NITROGEN TANK TO DO THIS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/System-X-Painball-Nitr...=item48396b089d
That tank is pretty small not to mention you fill your pumps in lbs not psi that think is not very big of a tank you might get 5-10 fills depending on how many lbs you put in your pump

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
as long as the outlet pressure can be adjusted to what you need than it shall work as some are fixed out put. another thing is getting nitrogen, MOST paintball shops just have a 5 stage compressor. which is just air...not something i would do because of the moisture, fluctuation and oxygen present.
just go to your welding supply store and ask for there small bottle of nitrogen. its what i did. i can carry the tank under one arm.
paint ball tanks range is size from 46cu to 114 i believe. 3000psi-4500psi.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Mar 1 2010, 02:29 AM~16757894
That tank is pretty small not to mention you fill your pumps in lbs not psi that think is not very big of a tank you might get 5-10 fills depending on how many lbs you put in your pump
psi = pounds per sq inch.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Mar 1 2010, 11:53 AM~16761305
What i was trying to get at is that little ass tank you looking at is nto gunna fill your piston very many times

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Mar 1 2010, 09:17 PM~16765709
What i was trying to get at is that little ass tank you looking at is nto gunna fill your piston very many times
volume. and yea. the volume just isnt there.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Mar 1 2010, 01:29 AM~16757894

:roflmao:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Originally posted by kold187um@Feb 17 2010, 03:36 PM~16642213
I AM CURENTLY SHOPPING FOR A NITROGEN TANK TO FILL MY BLADDER AND PISTON PUMPS.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE A PAINT BALL NITROGEN TANK TO DO THIS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/System-X-Painball-Nitr...=item48396b089d
:uh: :uh: :uh: THAT TANK WILL BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE AND TAKE HALF OF YOUR ARM..BELIVE ME I PLAYED PAINTBALL FOR 9 YEARZ..THATZ A BIG NO NO.. GET A SCUBA TANK IF UR GONNA GO THIS ROUTE.. ALMOST THE SAME PRICE.. ALSO THESE TANKS GOTTA BE RE HYDRO TESTED EVER 3 YEARS AND IT COST 75 JUST TO SHIPP AND ITS A 50/50 CHANCE THATS ITS GONNA PASS BECAUSE THE PRESSURE EATS UP THE INSIDE OF THA TANK.. BUT ANYWHO.. ITS UR CHOICE.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by BackBumper559@Mar 2 2010, 10:29 AM~16770937
:uh:  :uh:  :uh: THAT TANK WILL BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE AND TAKE HALF OF YOUR ARM..BELIVE ME I PLAYED PAINTBALL FOR 9 YEARZ..THATZ A BIG NO NO.. GET A SCUBA TANK IF UR GONNA GO THIS ROUTE.. ALMOST THE SAME PRICE.. ALSO THESE TANKS GOTTA BE RE HYDRO TESTED EVER 3 YEARS AND IT COST 75 JUST TO SHIPP AND ITS A 50/50 CHANCE THATS ITS GONNA PASS BECAUSE THE PRESSURE EATS UP THE INSIDE OF THA TANK.. BUT ANYWHO.. ITS UR CHOICE.. :biggrin:
umm, what are you talking about? do you see a expired hydro date? but i agree on not using it. wouldnt get a scuba tank either. i would us NITROGEN and nothing else.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Mar 2 2010, 09:43 AM~16771067
umm, what are you talking about? do you see a expired hydro date?  but i agree on not using it. wouldnt get a scuba tank either. i would us NITROGEN and nothing else.
yes theres a date on the tank if its the one in tha pic itz wayyyy out of hydro bro it says 04 ;) .. nitrogen iz tha way to go..

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
just go to walmart buy a portable air tank fill it from your compressor in the shop and your good to go ive been using the same pistons for over 5 years and charge them with compressed air and there still good ,if you wanna spend ya money get a nitrogen bottle if not just use reg air

1 - 17 of 17 Posts