LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hhhmmm - don't really know if i dare to ask this question.... But here we go:

What's the story 'bout the nitrogen tanks that someone uses ? How does it work ? Will it raise the car quicker or what ? Do You connect the nitrogen directly to the tank with a solenoid in between ??
Lots' of Q's...... :0

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Nitrogen is less dense than air therefore you can compress it "more". So you can fit a lot more nitrogen in a tank than you can air, so that tank is under a lot more pressure. Running this to your air tank keeps your air tank always ready to clown. A nitrogen tank is equivalent to high-amp batteries with juice. The higher the amperage, the more you can play before you need to recharge.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
i run nitro in my 64..
just for shows though..

that way I dont have to start the engine to fill the tank back up..

basically, just plumb it into the tank... set the regulator to the desired PSI..

you can either run an electric shut off valve to turn the nitro on and off.. or di like I do, and just open the shut off valve when you roll into a show..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOH !

Why didn't I think of that ??? That's a pretty simple way to keep up the pressure all the time. Gotta find me a bottle so I can hook my system up like that. Pretty smart !! ;)
Thanks for the answers......

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah, a air hopper usually runs a huge nitro tank with +1inch lines

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Jul 26 2003, 12:53 AM
Obviously its not idea (because you would run out to quickly) But couldnt you run a system soley on nitrogen?
Yes, you could, but it isn't too practical. If you're not paying attention and that bottle runs out, you're stuck on your frame. The best way is to run it to another air tank WITH another air compressor. Initially set the air compressor at a slightly lower pressure than your nitrogen tank. That way, if you ever hear your compressor come on, you know it's time to fill the nitrogen bottle.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Jul 26 2003, 09:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Jul 26 2003, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Bagged_Conti@Jul 26 2003, 12:53 AM
Obviously its not idea (because you would run out to quickly) But couldnt you run a system soley on nitrogen?
Yes, you could, but it isn't too practical. If you're not paying attention and that bottle runs out, you're stuck on your frame. The best way is to run it to another air tank WITH another air compressor. Initially set the air compressor at a slightly lower pressure than your nitrogen tank. That way, if you ever hear your compressor come on, you know it's time to fill the nitrogen bottle.[/b][/quote]
smart. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by ace of spades+Jul 27 2003, 11:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace of spades @ Jul 27 2003, 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 09:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bagged_Conti
@Jul 26 2003, 12:53 AM

Yes, you could, but it isn't too practical. If you're not paying attention and that bottle runs out, you're stuck on your frame. The best way is to run it to another air tank WITH another air compressor. Initially set the air compressor at a slightly lower pressure than your nitrogen tank. That way, if you ever hear your compressor come on, you know it's time to fill the nitrogen bottle.
smart. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Thanks. I try every now-and-then. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by BaSSmAsTeR@Aug 2 2003, 05:34 PM
might be a stupid question but i dunno bout dis bagz that much..... how do u refill the nitrogen tank? or do u buy a new one?  and lets say i get a big nitrogen tank and a small air tank would i still have continious action? till i run out of nitrogen
Onc3e you buy the tank, all you need are refills. You get that done at a compressed air shop. There's probably one in your local "industrial park." Expensive to buy, cheap to refill though. Yes, you will have continuous action 'til your nitro runs out. Then if you have the set-up I described above, your air compressor will take over 'til you get the nitrogen refilled.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
don't run a system soley on nitrogen because you will run out and be stuck on the frame, nitrogen is the same as air except you have a constant source of the same amount of PSI till your nitro tank runs down to below your desired psi. and it can be costly i think it's 12$ a refill where i live and we get like 2-3 at a time, i just use air anyway, iight later

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
i ran a 50lb of nitrogen on my daily and it would last awhile actually...i wasnt all to crazy on it tho. lasted me between 3-4 weeks. cost 16$ to fill. well worth it imo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts