LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 pumps to the front with number 11 gears in the head at 36v and it raises up allright. i want to go to one pump to the nose is that gear going to work or should i go back to a number 9? i dont know a lot about the gears and what they mean. what do u think

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
36v per pump ?
what are you trying to accomplish? hop street?
id go with 9 single to the nose,marzz

·
Registered
358 Posts
F/ the front, I have a #11 G-Force II w/ 7 (84v) batts, and I get a great response when I hit the switch. I would think that 3 batts w/ a #11 are not enough, that the motor would drag (bog) due to a need f/ more voltage.
Even if you're not trying to hop the car, 36 volts (IMO) are not enough f/ that gear.
***Like I said, this is only my opinion and I'm not trying to tell you your business. I do think that you'd like the difference you'd see w/ 5 or 6 batts as opposed to 3 w/ that #11.
Hope you get it working to your satisfaction.

W/ electric motors in general, w/o enough voltage f/ any reason, (even a tool(saw or compressor) for example, w/ too long a cord, the motor isn't getting enough juice and is trying to pull that needed power from a source that is insuficient, it makes the motor labor and heat up, and inturn will shorten the life of the motor and/or burn it up. It isn't good to under-power (have undue resistance) any electric motor.

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Dec 14 2008, 02:36 AM~12425159
i got 2 pumps to the front with number 11 gears in the head at 36v and it raises up allright. i want to go to one pump to the nose is that gear going to work or should i go back to a number 9? i dont know a lot about the gears and what they mean.  what do u think

The numbers indicate how much volume flows through it.

#9 is most commonly used....#11 is used alot in hoppers that run one pump to the front, more voltage reqiured to flow right. (36V= :nono: ) and then you have the #13 which I wouldn't use. obviously it flows even more volume then the 11.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Dec 14 2008, 01:36 AM~12425159
i got 2 pumps to the front with number 11 gears in the head at 36v and it raises up allright. i want to go to one pump to the nose is that gear going to work or should i go back to a number 9?  i dont know a lot about the gears and what they mean.  what do u think

think about it this way. if u have 36v and a #9 and ur #11. obviously the #11 is bigger than the 9... so take for instance ur number #9 gear is a 13 inch rim and ur #11 is a 14 inch rim. now pretend that ur motor for the pump is like driving on these rims going 1 mile in length. which rim do you think will make more complete revolutions in that 1 mile goin at the same speed.

same scenario with the pumphead. which pumphead do u think will make more complete revolutions on 36v

so hopefully now u can understand why the #9 will work better at a lower voltage over the larger #11 gear.

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 14 2008, 02:43 PM~12427259
think about it this way.  if u have 36v  and a #9 and ur #11.  obviously the #11 is bigger than the 9... so take for instance ur number #9 gear is a 13 inch rim and ur #11 is a 14 inch rim.  now pretend that ur motor for the pump is like driving on these rims going 1 mile in length.  which rim do you think will make more complete revolutions in that 1 mile goin at the same speed. 

same scenario with the pumphead.  which pumphead do u think will make more complete revolutions on 36v

so hopefully now u can understand why the #9 will work better at a lower voltage over the larger #11 gear.

good way to put it. I like your senarios :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by jett06+Dec 14 2008, 02:23 PM~12427500-->
thats good kingfish i like your scenarios too more easier to understand
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-nyd40cal
@Dec 14 2008, 02:14 PM~12427446
good way to put it. I like your senarios :biggrin:

i try to make things as simple and easy to understand.... that way people arent just taking someone elses word for it. but they can understand and comprehend as to why someone is saying it and kinda learn at the same time...it would be like someone asking a computer geek (like me) how to build a computer from scratch. i can go into all the terms and technology but people still may not understand what im talking about. so if i explain it in the most easiest way i can think of, then maybe it would be more understandable...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
go down to a number 5 or 7 on 36v. if you want to stay with the 11 than u need to up the volts to at least 72v

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Dec 14 2008, 05:28 PM~12428442
i got another pump head to use but i dont know what gear it is .  how do i find that out ?
go to google.com. type in layitlow and whatever numbers you find on the pumphead. chances are theres a topic on here already and it will tell u what pumphead it is

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
#11 good with 48v?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Dec 14 2008, 11:55 PM~12431893
#11 good with 48v?
if thats all u got. then ya use it...no sense in buying another pumphead. but ifu have a #9 lying around it will work a lil better with a lower voltage...but since your running low voltage anyways its not like your trying to hop...so if u got a #11 and thats all u got then use it. u dont need to buy another pumphead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts