97 Posts
You could also burn up your valves if it aint running rich Riddla
p.s they sound cool though lol

Last edited by RIDDLA at Nov 11 2003, 10:51 AM

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Nov 11 2003, 07:33 AM
only problem with no exhaust or short pipes off the heads is that once you shut it off it sucks in cold air and has the possibility of bending valves
hhhmmm....never thought of that :angry: Im mak'n mistakes left and right w/ this damn truck. :( My pipes come off the head and bend out right behind the cab just infront of the rear tires.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by titoislaidlow+Nov 11 2003, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titoislaidlow @ Nov 11 2003, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Nov 11 2003, 07:33 AM
only problem with no exhaust or short pipes off the heads is that once you shut it off it sucks in cold air and has the possibility of bending valves
hhhmmm....never thought of that :angry: Im mak'n mistakes left and right w/ this damn truck. :( My pipes come off the head and bend out right behind the cab just infront of the rear tires.[/b][/quote]
thats not bad if there is pipe goin back to the tires...its more if you just run open headers

A

·
0 Posts
Chris is right, Open headers, when shut off will defenitly suck in cold air, ruining the valves. That's a good call. You should run duals and use "Flowmasters", a glass pack, or something. An exhaust system like that will give your 350 a clean, mean sound.
Depending on where your from, you could get a ticket for the sound level of your exhaust (no muffler), that's for real. Then again, every state is different. I'm from Cali. The vehicle code book is 6 inches thick, its ridiculous.
I had ran my El Camino to the muffler shop a few times with the pipes cut, the only thing I didn't like is when I released the gas while cruzing, the back pressure would make some wild poping sounds. It sounded pretty Boot-leged. otherwise it was like running NASCAR!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Its very loud. When I get pulled over I explain its an old restored truck and they let it ride. I dont have many pics of it but its been alot of work. Plus we dont have to pass emissions...sucks out there in cali
sorry bout the bad pic :angry:

Last edited by titoislaidlow at Nov 12 2003, 08:37 PM

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 67impala@Nov 12 2003, 08:32 PM
hey when im getting new headers for my 283 i was gunna put em on myself and then drive to the muffler shop...

is this a good idea? like with just headers?
It will be loud as fuck, but Id do it, I also got new exhaust out on today, puuurs like un gatito.

·
Registered
658 Posts
shit u all have it lucky, in one of my cars i have no pipes not cat, nothing at all its so muh fukin loud i was gonna get a speeding ticket and i swore i was doing 35 so i asked to see his radarn where he clocled me speeding and he could show me so i got by

1 - 16 of 16 Posts