LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wen i ride with my head lights on and my volumne is low i hear this buzzing noise. i checked the rca wires they are fine. i used monster wires all thru my shit. i have a kicker amp and pioneer touch screen head unit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to try to do that today. put the wire on the back of teh radio

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by 817HUSTLER@Jan 17 2009, 10:08 AM~12732143
wen i ride with my head lights on and my volumne is low i hear this buzzing noise. i checked the rca wires they are fine. i used monster wires all thru my shit. i have a kicker amp and pioneer touch screen head unit.
Does it only make that sound when you have you head lights on? I dont know what you meant by checking the rcas but if you ran your rcas with your power wire then that could be your prob...

·
Registered
206 Posts
the RCA/power wire match is sort of a myth. These new wires have such a good quality surround your not going to get interference unless you twist em around each other and put em in the same housing. I wouldn't go checking all that until last.

Does it only happen with lights on? Does it raise pitch with rpm's? Did you strip to bare metal for every ground? Are they TIGHT?

You either have a bad ground, or a ground loop.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Originally posted by 817HUSTLER@Jan 17 2009, 09:08 AM~12732143
What kind of car is this setup in?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by BlackRob8687@Jan 19 2009, 11:49 PM~12756355
If you have expensive rcas that are double shielded or something like that then you might be alright but its always better to run your RCA/power wire on opposite sides of your ride...Crutchfield  Noise Problem Troubleshooting: Whining noise
agreed. wires like rockford/jl/monster/knukoncepts and similar are what i was talking about. of course if you buy 8-12 dollar RCA's....definitely run opposite sides just for reassurance. I had 20 dollar knu rca's in the mustang along side a run of 1/0 and had no problems at all.

G

·
Try run rca wire on one side of the car and run power cable on the other side. Its should solve problem. Rca and power can interfere the buzz noise need to separate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts