LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i put in a kenwood amp to 2 4x10 pioneers in the back and some 3 1/2 boston accostics sound nice but not enough bang i have 0 space in the trunk not even an option and the amp is under the pass seat

if anyone has any thing they might have done non trunk related and and still have nice bass please post i want to keep it still original in the inside so dont wanna toss the back seat

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
you could put an 8 under the dash if you are planning on removing the AC. That is what I did.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Kick panels foe some more for the front

An is there any room for like a single 8" on each side in the rear.Prob have to do a bit of fiber glassing an use a hollow mount sub

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
you can put a sub in the trunk will be some work but can be done ive done 4 pump setups and still had subs in it where are you loctated pm we can take this off line late

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you could put an 8 under the dash if you are planning on removing the AC. That is what I did.
O HELL YEAH AWESOME IDEA :eek: thanks homie will do that any pics of yours

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can put a sub in the trunk will be some work but can be done ive done 4 pump setups and still had subs in it where are you loctated pm we can take this off line late

pennsylvania :happysad:

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has any bought any of those door panels with the 5 1/4 hole from dixie? any feed back

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Did you shave the spare tire well out of the trunk floor? If not theres a decent amount of air space there to work with. You could do a fiberglass enclosure that sits in there to make use of the dead space under the rack.

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
O HELL YEAH AWESOME IDEA :eek: thanks homie will do that any pics of yours
First stage was to get a solid frame for the enclosure so I glued the MDF sides to the dash....3M super 77 glued the fleece down to the inside of the dash and then went to town with the glass:

Then I had a blast figureing out how to get this piece in and sucured. With the top of the dash in the way I couldn't just nail it in:

I then went ahead and began building structure and tested the fit:

With fitment done I went ahead and fleeced/glassed up the other side of the enclosure:

I 45'd the rest of the inside of the enclosure:

I decided to just make my own aero port:

The finished product:

Then I wrapped the sub mounting ring/port with fleece:

How the sub sits inside the car/last test fitting:

Glassing the fleece:

And the "finished" product:

Laid down the first coat of chop:

During the process of the first couple coats (I had just poured a little resin on the enclosure before I snapped the pic, that is why it looks so bad in that pic)

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
I don't know you don't want to glass your entire dash, but you could figure out a mounting system and mount the box underneath the dash behind the glove box so it just hangs down a little like mine did without having to glass the entire dash.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
First stage was to get a solid frame for the enclosure so I glued the MDF sides to the dash....3M super 77 glued the fleece down to the inside of the dash and then went to town with the glass:

Then I had a blast figureing out how to get this piece in and sucured. With the top of the dash in the way I couldn't just nail it in:

I then went ahead and began building structure and tested the fit:

With fitment done I went ahead and fleeced/glassed up the other side of the enclosure:

I 45'd the rest of the inside of the enclosure:

I decided to just make my own aero port:

The finished product:

Then I wrapped the sub mounting ring/port with fleece:

How the sub sits inside the car/last test fitting:

Glassing the fleece:

And the "finished" product:

Laid down the first coat of chop:

During the process of the first couple coats (I had just poured a little resin on the enclosure before I snapped the pic, that is why it looks so bad in that pic)

insane idea, never thought of that before.........

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I don't know you don't want to glass your entire dash, but you could figure out a mounting system and mount the box underneath the dash behind the glove box so it just hangs down a little like mine did without having to glass the entire dash.
What is the CU. Ft and also what is the Tuning Frequency

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
I tuned it to right about 35-36 Hz with about 1.15 cu. ft. But there was a little more room than that.

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Okay bringing the Elco up to Minnesota, so need you too rework my dash, that will save me from doing alot of things. HAHAHAHA
Lmao, I definitely learned a lot of things I would have done WAY differently to make my life easier!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
also they have those squared 6x9s i seen on here in another gbody topic. if you are gonna be tearin up the dash, might as well do what im doin; run 10s under the quarter windows, and 4 6x9s across the back window. and some 5.25s in the kick panel and some 3.5s in the dash.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts