LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take off my sway bar yesterday because the nut holding the passenger sway bar links got stripped and came off so i had to remove the whole thing until i can get it fixed now i get major sawy action and the car lifts and lowers uneven now.prolly because i have the front bags tee'd for the time being. Anyways it sucks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
whats a sway bar?? wait i trew that away a long time ago lol. jok i took it off to do side to side dont worry as long as you got 8 valves 2 for each side

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts

Instead of eight valves, ya could save a little $ by just using six.
One dump valve for each bag, One for front-fill, one for back-fill, but ya would have to add a check valve before each bag. That would eliminate the air escaping from one side to the other causing the bad swaying problem.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i am putting this setup in ,an stages so i will have the 8 valves by christmas or so i still have to get the rear installed.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Alot of cars come without sway bars. The job of the sway bar is to keep the car flat when cornering. They counter act the side to side motion that we like. Just like what was previsously said, you definitely wanna keep them when you have a Front to Back kit, when FBSS kits are installed you can get away with taking out the sway bar. You just have to see how the car handles without them. It WILL NOT handle as good when you take them out, but not everyone needs the performance you gain with them. When a car has front and rear sway bars, you can have problems when removing just one. It can cause unpredictable steering, its called understeer or oversteer. This is when the car fishtails or pushes the front tires when cornering hard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as I know here in NZ and Aus as well you need it installed as it is a saftey issue.

We have wof (warrant of fitness) every 6 months which is a vehcile check to make sure it is up to scratch and safe for the road.

If you do not have it installed you fail.

My general rule is if a car company spent the money to design it into a vehicle then leave it there as it serves a purpose.

Peace

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Originally posted by vandale@Oct 16 2007, 03:48 AM~9011935
As far as I know here in NZ and Aus as well you need it installed as it is a saftey issue.

We have wof (warrant of fitness) every 6 months which is a vehcile check to make sure it is up to scratch and safe for the road.

If you do not have it installed you fail.

My general rule is if a car company spent the money to design it into a vehicle then leave it there as it serves a  purpose.

Peace
:twak: thats retarded, then u mind as not even modify ur suspension cuz u need to leave ur coil there then :uh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Calm down calm down, have a piece of cheese! :biggrin:

We have a Low Volume Vehicle Certification setup here and once the car is certified and deemed safe with the modifications you are sweet for the 6 monthly inspections.

It is as simple as this: If you remove components from the vehicle it has to be replaced with new components that are capable of exceeding or equal to the original manufacturers specs. This means you can remove a spring and put in a bag but you cant remove the sway bar and replace it with nothing.

I know what I prefer, no body role so corners can be taken fast and smooth ride as the sway bar provides support and suppression to the suspension components.

Do you have mandatory vehicle inspections in the US, if not then do you have alot of junk driving thats unsafe?

Cheers

·
Registered
480 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631@Oct 13 2007, 10:49 PM~8995691
2 for each corner ;)

thanks thats what happens when your drunk. well wait im still drunk lol i love 3 day weekends :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Oct 14 2007, 11:37 AM~8997002

Instead of eight valves, ya could save a little $ by just using six. 
One dump valve for each bag, One for front-fill, one for back-fill, but ya would have to add a check valve before each bag.  That would eliminate the air escaping from one side to the other causing the bad swaying problem.
that's not really saving money is it? that's actually spending more money... buying two more valves or buying 4 check valves :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts