LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i hit the switch all three of the noids click, or wheni touch enach one it seems like they are all working,...but the motor doesn't tun over, it worked just when i was on the switch, then stoppped and let it set for about 2 ours,...went back and the noids just clicked everytime i hit the switch, but nothing else happened

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
your batteries are dead

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have three small silanoids .If you batteries still have juice
you probably burnt one out.Or do you have big silanoids?Do you
have 3 to front and three to back?If so does other side still work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm pretty sure the batteries still have juice becuase the switches were bangin just fie before i stoped, nothing weird happened when i stoped, then all of a sudden when i went back to hit more switches, i got nothing! it sux

how do i check for a burnt out noid?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Before replacing the whole motor, maybe it's just the brushes.

A shop around here re-brushes motors for $30.00, way cheaper than a brand new motor.

Just my .02.

Later
TC

·
Registered
161 Posts
yo that jus happened to my truck. so i thought it was my noids. so i unhooked the rear pump n stuck the front pump to the rear noids an it still clicks.if i keep hittin the switch it will very slowly raise. does it sound like the motor? or maybe a bad connection somewhere?

·
Registered
962 Posts
TEST THE NOIDS WITH A MULTIMETER ONE BY ONE. IF NONE ARE BAD THEN CHECK THE BATTERIES AFTER THE 24 VOLT BAD CONNECTION OR OFF. IF NOT THAT ITS THE MOTOR OR BAD BATTERY. MOST TIMES ITS SOMTHING SIMPLE.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the other day my juice was actn crazy as fuck.. neways the noids were clickn... so i took them out... and i shook them one was tight and one was like a lil rattle can.... replaced both of them neways n zeet zeet back in action

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
try this .............

1st- make sure yur runin the switches at 24 volts not at 12or36.etc.

2nd- make sure the solenoids are grounded right, if theres paint rust or any other crap on your rack then yur shit aint grounded right.

3rd- check all your noids with a test light / sure detector.

4th- check yur motors by either ....takin them apart ....or.....runing a cable directly from yur batteries 2 yur motors.(with like 1 or 2 batteries hooked up).

5th- if you have solenoid blocks its best to have the prestolite and not no wannabe blocks, cuz my homie had the wannabes in his monte, and they did the same thing (click, click) and then we put some prestolites and it lifted right up. also applys with regular solenoids, i buy the most expensive ones and they never fuck up.

i know theres somthin else but i jus got blitz.

"marijuana affects the memory"----Thurgood Half Baked

81 regal breakin out in 04.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts