LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why T.F. Do all the rest of the noids stay on when one gets stuck. Does juice come back out the secondary line or something? If thats the case than why not install a diode on every one of them?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
your mis-understanding....

You have three solenoids...

each have to be stuck (or closed) for the power to get to the motor.

So one may stick, two may stick, everything could be working fine...

its when they all stick that you have the problem...

you follow???

Test them regularly with a multi-meter or continuity tester to find stuck closed 'noids.....

hope it helps..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Im sorry I don't Iv'e had one noid stuck and had all of them stay on and that sucks . It happened years ago and I lost a set of motor bushings :(

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If thats the case then it makes no sense to me why i replaced 1 noid and continued using the rest for frekin years?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i thought but, If you do that and find welded noids then I think that u should replace them . BUT what about my situation when i had one get stuck and they all did? Like the motor stayed on . and after i found out which one was stuck IT NEVER HAPPENED SINCE they were just reds ford starter noids.?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Well sounds like you have a grounding issue...

Try sanding the surface your mounting the solenoids to and useing electrical grease when mounting.. also running a second ground cable from your solenoid rack does wonders...

If you have a back feeding problem then you should consider rewiring your system..

If wired correctly that shouldn't happen..

most peeps on here have been running the same solenoids for years with out problems.....

If you have good quality solenoids and a very strong ground you should be fine.. Sometimes it can be a mechanical problem but sounds like your is def electrical....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was really just a question. That was my old ride . I always thought that if a noid locked than all would be ok unless all were fu^%^ d Well I guess my cutlass was a bad ground or something at least my s-10 has the noid rack welded in the frame. Iv'e had no problems yet and I HOPE I DONT!!! I wish everybody good noid luck!! ;)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I've had solenoids go and not lock up my ride..

I've caught at least 3 or 4 between my and my friends cars.. just test 'em and see what you get...

only takes a second and if you find one closed you can just replace that one before the others go....

save embarassment from the damn baggers always looking for ways to hate on juice.. lol...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts