LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has two pioneer 12s and a volfenhag 1600 watt amp everything was working good with 8 gauge wire then he wanted to upgrade to 4 gauge wire now he has a noise in the subs like extra bass notes the hit by there self and shit ive tried everything to fix it ive regrounded it ran new rcas i put his shit in my car and it works fine i also have 4 gauge i cant figure it out any suggestions will help :angry: :uh:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
kinda wierd sounding....maybe cut the gain down a little...are the power wires running down the same side as the rca's?..

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
:dunno:

Never knew upgrading to heavier gauge would do that. Try running the 8 guage again. Then if the problem goes away, run the 4 guage outside the vehicle, if you got enough wire, if the noice goes away you got interference, if it stays it is something else.

·
Registered
949 Posts
could the larger wire posibly cause more voltage drop and create a bigger gound loop .. ??????
did you upgrade the -negative side of the power .. ??? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
TURN THE VOLUME DOWN ALL THE WAY...IF U HEAR A NOISE ITS DISTORTION... ULL HAVE TO RUN UR WIRES A DIFFERENT ROUTE AND THAT SHOULD FIX IT IF THATS THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Originally posted by sabre@Sep 22 2003, 02:18 AM
could the larger wire posibly cause more voltage drop and create a bigger gound loop .. ??????
did you upgrade the -negative side of the power .. ??? :dunno:
Thats a good point he's making...did you upgrade you're ground ??
Also one more thing what radio are you using ???
If it's a factory radio and you're using a Hi to Low converter that might be giving you problems as well.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
I will ask this question again...are you running the rca's next to the power wire...if so that could be giving you your problem

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i'll tell u what it is make sure ur ground is connected VERY tight could make noise if not also if rcas and power wire r run together it will pick up road noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts