LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** WTF !! I was looking under my 64 when I had it booted up & i discovered that the slip unit that I had installed wasnt short enuff & it pushes my driveshaft up & "Eggs" out the "REINFORCED" aftermarket carrier bearing I paid $80 for ....

YOu can clearly see that the slip is not short enuff ... Anyone know exactly how much of a slip unit should be installed ??/ I believe a 3" unit was put on...... Would a 5" best suit my needs ?-- You can see that there is more room for movement & I am thinking about installing another slip unit at the Weld yolk end ........ Would this work fine or would i have to buy a whole new / longer slip then the one I have in there?????

Badass, & impalas631 -- If you could help it would be appreciated .. Thanks, BOB_T

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the end where i think i will install another slip unit in .... Right off the "Weld Yolk" ........ In this pic the cylinders are NOT installed correctly & are just sitting in them pockets.... They have rod ends in them now & actually make the car raise up about 4" higher...... Thanks again, BOB_T

*** Shit -- No pic.....

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Dec 17 2003, 09:37 AM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
the most simple way is to measure everything up when fully dumped and fully locked up, that way you'll find out exactly what you need to do!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE@Dec 17 2003, 01:55 PM
TTT for cheddar bob, since you live in wisconsin now.
:roflmao:
TO THE TOP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts