LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this before? I'm going to atemped it shortly when I get everything i need, I just want the car to lay out evenly all around, like lay frame rails hard on 15 inch steelies. If you got any pics im curious to what it will look like. I'm basically going for that old caddy look like the 60's style which i think look awesome. i kow i have to do something about my stock gas tank which will be in the way. Im just curious if anyone has an pics sof something along these lines or at least some pics on older caprice with 15 inch steeleis and big white walls. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i dont get it, notch what? ya mean tub it out? dont it already have a 4 link? you going to rool that thing down to ct soon or what.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Jul 28 2005, 06:50 PM
i dont get it, notch what? ya mean tub it out? dont it already have a 4 link?  you going to rool that thing down to ct  soon or what.
[snapback]3499135[/snapback]​
Basically notch the frame so the whole car lays out evenly. no i have factory trailing arms which are somewhat of a four link, but i want to make the whole thing lay out low get rid of my stock gastank or move it up so i can have the whole car railed. understand?

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by layndoor86@Jul 29 2005, 03:51 PM
Basically notch the frame so the whole car lays out evenly. no i have factory trailing arms which are somewhat of a four link, but i want to make the whole thing lay out low get rid of my stock gastank or move it up so i can have the whole car railed. understand?
[snapback]3505926[/snapback]​
There is alot more to it than what you think.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
what your saying is that your axle is hitting the frame before the frame hits the ground? What are you runing huge wheels or somethin? you have a 4 link , factory trailing arms , same thing there just not usually adjustable from the factory.. you can notch the frame if you want but damn . you wil end up with your bridge inside you trunk. why not body drop it ? wont it serve the same purpose?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by layndoor86@Jul 30 2005, 05:30 PM
Explain
[snapback]3511579[/snapback]​
well depending on the car ..

you have to watch for the driveshaft hitting anything (floor / frame / etc)

and oil pan or any other engine component sitting lower than frame..

i'm doing an 72 impala right now i had to notch my entire floor 3 inches,
as well as cut my oil pan 1-1/2 inches so it would lay front to back

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Jul 30 2005, 08:33 PM
what your saying is that your axle is hitting the frame before the frame hits the ground?  What are you runing huge wheels or somethin?  you have a 4 link , factory trailing arms , same thing there just not usually adjustable from the factory..  you can notch the frame if you want but damn  .  you wil end up with your bridge inside you trunk.  why not body drop it ? wont it serve the same purpose?
[snapback]3511843[/snapback]​

No no, My frame lays in the front, i have 13" knock off wires at the moment, soon to be 15 inch steelies. My axle doesnt hit the frame, but i want to make it all even, i have pretty big coils in the rear so it doesnt lay out much becasue of my stock gastank. Im basically doing a body drop, but nothin major just want it to lay out hard if you guys understand. not trying to build a hopper or anythgin just sumthin low to cruise in on nice day if you get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts