LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

nothing blows out

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Stealth 
#1 ·
when i put my heat/ac on... i hear the motor going but nothing comes out of the vents. also it will work once in a great time. but i need to find out whats wrong with it.
is there anything you people can suggest for me doing it myself?

its a 91 caddy fleetwood

#2 ·
first are you turning the ac or the heat on, and which motor, the electric motor for the heater or the pump for the ac?

there are many ase certified techs in here homie, keep bumping and you'll get an answer.

:cheesy: ,

cc

#5 ·
Originally posted by Kartoon@Sep 16 2003, 04:04 PM
i dont care about ac- so lets just talk heat.

i can turn it all the way off, but then i can turn it on "econ" and "auto" fans. i can then do the high low type thing for fan too.
all i know is that when i push any buttons i hear the blower turn on but the air does not get pushed through the vents.
are your vents openning?

push the vent and fresh air and see if air is coming in?

cc

#6 ·
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Sep 16 2003, 11:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Sep 16 2003, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Kartoon@Sep 16 2003, 04:04 PM

i can turn it all the way off, but then i can turn it on "econ" and "auto" fans. i can then do the high low type thing for fan too.
all i know is that when i push any buttons i hear the blower turn on but the air does not get pushed through the vents.
are your vents openning?

cc[/b][/quote]
i dont think i have a vent button. its all electronic climate control. the options are

off, econ, auto, front defroster, rear, higher fan and lower fan.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Kartoon+Sep 17 2003, 03:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kartoon @ Sep 17 2003, 03:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cruz_Campos@Sep 16 2003, 11:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Kartoon
@Sep 16 2003, 04:04 PM

are your vents openning?

cc
i dont think i have a vent button. its all electronic climate control. the options are

off, econ, auto, front defroster, rear, higher fan and lower fan.[/b][/quote]
:(

sorry homie, what i was trying to get at is this, caddies use vacuum vents to open and close, it could be that the switch/fuse that does this is malfuntion or burnt?

i had the same problems with a roadmaster that i was working on. sorry homie :(.

keep bumping this until an ase tech posts.

:biggrin: ,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Sep 18 2003, 03:18 PM

#10 ·
I had the same problem. The vents opening on Caddys use a vacume. Check underneath the passanger side area. There is a "plunger" looking thing. Turn on your blower and see if it moves. If it doesn't, turn on the blower and move it in an out yourself (to see if that the problem).

You most likely have a air leak somewhere. Check the vacume hoses leading to the "plunger", parking break, and cruise control. It could be a hose dissconnected, or a leak.

Finally check the vacume canister. Sometimes they are located in the front corner, driver side of the car.

I had the same problem with my Caddy but never had a chance to fix it.

Good luck.

LM

#11 ·
Originally posted by laurentkm2@Sep 18 2003, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem. The vents opening on Caddys use a vacume. Check underneath the passanger side area. There is a "plunger" looking thing. Turn on your blower and see if it moves. If it doesn't, turn on the blower and move it in an out yourself (to see if that the problem).

You most likely have a air leak somewhere. Check the vacume hoses leading to the "plunger", parking break, and cruise control. It could be a hose dissconnected, or a leak.

Finally check the vacume canister. Sometimes they are located in the front corner, driver side of the car.

I had the same problem with my Caddy but never had a chance to fix it.

Good luck.

LM
underneath passenger side area as in the engine compartment? is it black? rubber material?

where should one end of the vacumm hoses be?
sorry i dont know my way around it too much.

#12 ·
Yea, it's a black rubber material, that can be pushed in and out.

The tricky thing about the vacume hose is, there a alot of them. They are thin rubber hoses. You can see them running all over the engine. You just have to follow them around and see what you find. I think that the parking break, vents, and cruise control are all run on vacumes and may be somehow interconnected.

LM

#14 ·
Originally posted by laurentkm2@Sep 18 2003, 03:18 PM
Yea, it's a black rubber material, that can be pushed in and out.

The tricky thing about the vacume hose is, there a alot of them. They are thin rubber hoses. You can see them running all over the engine. You just have to follow them around and see what you find. I think that the parking break, vents, and cruise control are all run on vacumes and may be somehow interconnected.

LM
yeah, right... and in the older cadillacs, (probably yours too) the actual A/C control works on vacuum too, (well at least mine does).

do you hear any slight hissing when you've got it on any function? (off, econ, high, low, etc.)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.