LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys believe this shit is actually paint?... that's pretty damn tough!... saw their ad in Airbrush Action, and went to their site. I don't think they are all 3 done the same way...I think one is called Mirra Chrome, or something, and the other is called Chrome FX, or something like that,and it's WAY hella expensive!, especially the ChromeFX... I think they said you had to buy all the spray equipment and everything from them, and I think it was several thousand dollars. I guess they sell the process to bodyshops, and stuff... pretty damn impressive looking though....They also got a video, where you can see them doing the Mirra Chrome....I'll try to find the addy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw a demo video a little while back on that stuff. The process is pretty quick and easy but the key is all that expensive equipment.

Street Trucks magazine has a monthly paint tech column written by K-Daddy. A couple months ago he covered chrome paints. It was pretty informative but I can't remember the details.

If you're looking for small scale chrome and metal finishes there's a paint called Alclad or something that'll do some amazing stuff on models and will probably work good for smaller chrome detail pieces. Not sure how good it'll work for a helmet or something big like that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw a demo video a little while back on that stuff. The process is pretty quick and easy but the key is all that expensive equipment.

Street Trucks magazine has a monthly paint tech column written by K-Daddy. A couple months ago he covered chrome paints. It was pretty informative but I can't remember the details.

If you're looking for small scale chrome and metal finishes there's a paint called Alclad or something that'll do some amazing stuff on models and will probably work good for smaller chrome detail pieces. Not sure how good it'll work for a helmet or something big like that.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
IF YOU GO TO GOLDTOUCHINC.COM THEY HAVE A SIMILAR PRODUCT CALLED COSMICHROME. THE FINISH IS TIGHT AS HELL, AND IT IS SPRAYED ON JUST LIKE PAINT. LIKE PEOPLE BEFORE SAID, THE ONLY THING IS THE COST OF THE EQUIPMENT.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I recieved a sample from Goldtouch Inc. & the sample scratched very easily ... Looks real tho in the sun ........ The system is a few thousand dollars & th sprays & that are spendy but, not too much ........ Cheaper if you buy More.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts