LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I worked on Deep Impact. Reasonable? to me it is, but honestly, most people in this industry can't afford my work. I have a $1000 minimum and a 7 month wait.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
yeah its good looking work, but a lot of us cant afford it. looks like its worth it though

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man. It's alot or work. engraving, chasing, sculpting, inlay. This isn't dremel shit! I leave the simple stuff to the other guys. this is high end work.

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by tarrera@Sep 3 2006, 12:12 AM~6094099
Thanks man. It's alot or work. engraving, chasing, sculpting, inlay. This isn't dremel shit! I leave the simple stuff to the other guys. this is high end work.
:uh: :uh:

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by CUTLESSSWANGIN@Sep 2 2006, 10:59 PM~6094052
too much... an 7 month........
its worth it though

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by tarrera@Sep 3 2006, 12:35 AM~6094536
Compared to what?
you do some clean work bro! your prices reflect your work perfectly! your also in the right line of work,,motorcycles...those people will pay for top notch work...lowrider people are cheap! thats a fact

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
The problem is that you dont take pride in your work, you take pride in yourself. This is mettalic skulpting, its 3 dimensional, its not engraving, because engraving is done only on the surface. Mettalic ckulpting was done a long time ago, but thewy sure as hell didnt charge as much as you. You have too much pride in yourself and not in your work, thats why you charge so much. Its amazing work nonetheless. Can it be chromed? How do they clean all the creaks and cracks?

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by deville@Sep 3 2006, 08:27 AM~6095339
The problem is that you dont take pride in your work, you take pride in yourself. This is mettalic skulpting, its 3 dimensional, its not engraving, because engraving is done only on the surface. Mettalic ckulpting was done a long time ago, but thewy sure as hell didnt charge as much as you. You have too much pride in yourself and not in your work, thats why you charge so much. Its amazing work nonetheless. Can it be chromed? How do they clean all the creaks and cracks?
you got to pay to play...

some folks pay $4k for a paint job others are well over 11k, you get what you pay for..if i had anything that needed engraving i would pay that price...one of a kind work and a type of art work that is lost and replaced by machines

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 3 2006, 06:39 AM~6095371
you got to pay to play...

some folks pay $4k for a paint job others are well over 11k, you get what you pay for..if i had anything that needed engraving i would pay that price...one of a kind work and a type of art work that is lost and replaced by machines
Well when you look at it that way, but I really like the idea, it really depicts an image, not just a design like regular engraving or pinstriping.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts