LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1139 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up in february,an ain't done much to it yet. had all flat stocks on it when i got it, so had to put some spokes on it an get it off the jackstands! Gonna be a slow build, but fuck it! Its mine, an i got all the time i need.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since i could'nt make up my mind what colors i want, im gonna go with the stock black with red guts. right now all im doin is gatherin parts an tryin to get it drivable to get the title transfered into my name an get my plates an registration. just put in an hei distributor an new plugs last night, just gotta rewire the distrubtor. Wana get it all in my name before i completely tear it down. The floors an rockers are super solid, but the trunk an rear quarters are fucked. i got a canadian frame from a friend of mine before i even got the car. Was gonna start wrappin the frame, just never got around to starting it. Was a waste of money since my car came with a canadian frame. its a standard on the column, so gettin rid of that too!

·
SUCK ON MY
4,860 Posts
lookin good..Stay at it

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the old points distributor out and a hei put in last night. got it wired up an tried to start it, it popped a couple of times up through the carb so thats where i stopped for the night. Gonna pull it back out, an reset the timming when i get off work. With that an a little luck we'll see if this old 283cu will run!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the timming set right, put the distrubutor back in last night. Poured a little gas down the carb an that bitch FIRED RIGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked, couldn't belive that a car that hadn't beed registered since 85' would run.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got the timming set right, put the distrubutor back in last night. Poured a little gas down the carb an that bitch FIRED RIGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked, couldn't belive that a car that hadn't beed registered since 85' would run.
Gotta love a CHEVY!

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
well it will start, just won't stay runnin. so I replaced the fuel pump, and got a carb rebuild kit for it. hopefully that will cure the problem
Good start! Man u Eva need parts r advice hit me up! I will pm u my number! Feel free to call r text n e time! I've built a few 64s so over the years I've found a few good conects and got a lil no how I don't mind passing along!!! Nice 4!!!!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all that shit is to be expected, i put a new fuel pump and alternator, and plugs already. didn't have to mess with the distributor, cause i had one left over from my monte carlo. put a new motor in it, an threw in a billet one

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if your looking to get rid of those valve cover let me know homie. i have a engine and tranny kit im looking to get off my hands.......:D
probably not, ima go all og with the motor. wana chrome all that shit, but one of the valve covers got a dent in it from someone pushin the alternator into it. so gotta find another clean one

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think im gonna loose my patience with at certain auto supply store in crowley, theyve always give me the right shit before so this better be a on time thing. Went an got a new master cylinder an when i turned in my core, they didn't give me a box. So when i get home I noticed there was no gasket that goes in between the master cylinder an the fire wall. That was saturday, an i keep gettin told "it will be here tommorow morning" shits gettin old! :mad:

Just wonderin how important is that gasket? Is it just to keep the master cylinder from scratchin the firewall? If that shit aint there in the morning, guess i will just have to make one.

1 - 20 of 1139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.