LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just was wondering....

I got an original Adel that I've had for quite a while now. I've been out of the whole scene for a couple years and now reading about "Italians" and such.

I think the last time I really followed the sport closely was when Adex was just becoming popular.

So I was wondering, does anyone still run the original Adels or does the new shit totally put these to shame?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Adex is the number 1 dump as of this day. What you have is fine. I hop on an Adel. Adex is a replica of Adel since original Adel's are hard to find and very old. Adex is even built to tighter tolerances than an Adel which makes it more accurate. Adex even carries warranties as long as the wires on the screws aren't broken. Look in other posts about Adex. I think Hydros has a post on Adel Adex clones. There is info all over this forum...

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Indy64@Nov 12 2003, 05:34 PM

I got an original Adel that I've had for quite a while now.  I've been out of the whole scene for a couple years and now reading about "Italians" and such.  

I think the last time I really followed the sport closely was when Adex was just becoming popular.

So I was wondering, does anyone still run the original Adels or does the new shit totally put these to shame?
Have you got a PIC of your valve in use.?

The DataBase is getting off to a real slow start, I'm still collecting posts and other info. I'll update in a ferw weeks, if not sooner.

But if you have any info you'd like to share about the valve, like where did you buy it, who sold it, what did it cost, etc, just about anything you can think of, you are welcome to add your info too, to the database. At www.Pesco.US ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Hydros+Nov 12 2003, 09:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Nov 12 2003, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Indy64@Nov 12 2003, 05:34 PM

I got an original Adel that I've had for quite a while now.  I've been out of the whole scene for a couple years and now reading about "Italians" and such.  

Have you got a PIC of your valve in use.?

The DataBase is getting off to a real slow start, I'm still collecting posts and other info. I'll update in a ferw weeks, if not sooner.

But if you have any info you'd like to share about the valve, like where did you buy it, who sold it, what did it cost, etc, just about anything you can think of, you are welcome to add your info too, to the database. At www.Pesco.US ;)[/b][/quote]
Fill me in here bro, what "database" you talkin about.....bare with me, I'm sorta new to the site. Only been here a couple days and trying to read through everything to get caught up.

But the valve came originally from the Vegas area. I guess I've had it for about 4-5 years or so and really unsure as to how long the guy before me had it. And at the time I got it for $400.

Also, for 82Regal, I'm up to date w/ what the Adex/Adel differences is (sorta) but I guess my main question was just does anyone actually use the O.G. ones anymore (i.e compatitions, streets, etc. etc.)....

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
I HAVE 2 ORIGINALS LEFT....GONNA USE THEM ON MY 64 VERT.
I DID DRILL OUT THE BOTTOM TO USE BIGGER BOLTS,HAD TOO,
TO MAKE THEM HOLD ALITTLE MORE PRESSURE....THEY'LL BE FACING STRAIGHT UP,AND IF THE BOTTOM BLOWS OFF,IT'LL RUIN
4000.00 CANDY JOB..
I'LL POST PICS OF THE PUMPS,LATER TONITE :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Indy64@Nov 12 2003, 07:47 PM

Fill me in here bro, what "database" you talkin about.....bare with me, I'm sorta new to the site.  Only been here a couple days and trying to read through everything to get caught up.

But the valve came originally from the Vegas area.  I guess I've had it for about 4-5 years or so and really unsure as to how long the guy before me had it.  And at the time I got it for $400.

Also, for 82Regal, I'm up to date w/ what the Adex/Adel differences is (sorta) but I guess my main question was just does anyone actually use the O.G. ones anymore (i.e compatitions, streets, etc. etc.)....

:biggrin:
Hey there Indy64,

Welcome to Layitlow (LIL) First thing to learn here, don't take nothing personal. And get ready to get hooked.

The database is going to be on www.pesco.us/posts

Right now it's still pretty lame, but in a few weeks it should look a little better.

Thanks for the info and background on your Adel. Is this for sure a 100% Adel and not maybe an Adex?

OGCaddy posted some difference someplace here, I'll dig them up/copy/paste

I'm an "Old Newbie" too. I left hydros 20 years ago and am just now learning a ton of new stuff, mostly from the many members and friends I have made here on LIL

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 13 2003, 01:28 AM

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah man, nothing personal taken.........and to late on being hooked. I just found this site Sunday and my girls already "you can't even call me cause your on there looking a cars" :uh: :uh: :uh: :biggrin:

But yeah, I'm about 99% sure its an original. It shows its sign of wear and I'm definatly wanting to get it rebuilt before putting it in, but shit, thats gonna be a while as well.

BlackMagic.......def post up those pic, I mean, THATS what keeps us guys workin the motivation to keep goin or not giving up!! I don't have a digi or even the slightest clue on how to post up pics or I'd take a couple snaps of mine and put it up. I'll read up on it a bit and well, Christmas is around the way so that might take care of the digi problem ;)

Peace

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Mr. OGCaddy, I honestly do not know when my "REAL" Adel was made. But I can give you all the info I have, since I went and dug it out of storage.

On one side of the cartridge, there is the "pressure" and "return" inlets. On the opposite side is the "brake" and all the info I could find which is...........

...just below the candlestick, it is stamped w/ the info for the part #, the serial no., spec no. order no, etc etc.... The only info it discloses is the part and serial which are 23500-2(part #) and 7121 G (serial #), oh and the fact that it reads "ADEL VALVE-HYD. SOLENOID CONTROL" on that stamp as well just above all of that information.

.....also, just above the "brake" opening it reads bac spec 10-571-1, with the number 75 stamped in kinda slanted on the corner.

Hope this may clear up any speculation that its an original or not. I'm not trying to prove anything or be "hey I gotta OG" by posting this thread. I just kinda gotta vibe that you maybe thought thats what I was implying. If I totally read that the wrong way, sorry, but thats just the vibe I got. I was just really curious, with all the talk about the Adex's, if anyone out there still used the Adels. And what their and other peoples opinions are about them.

I'm just dreamin about the day I can finally hit the switch and put this baby to work.... :angry: :angry:

Peace.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Indy64@Nov 13 2003, 10:17 PM
Well, Mr. OGCaddy, I honestly do not know when my "REAL" Adel was made. But I can give you all the info I have, since I went and dug it out of storage.

On one side of the cartridge, there is the "pressure" and "return" inlets. On the opposite side is the "brake" and all the info I could find which is...........

...just below the candlestick, it is stamped w/ the info for the part #, the serial no., spec no. order no, etc etc.... The only info it discloses is the part and serial which are 23500-2(part #) and 7121 G (serial #), oh and the fact that it reads "ADEL VALVE-HYD. SOLENOID CONTROL" on that stamp as well just above all of that information.

.....also, just above the "brake" opening it reads bac spec 10-571-1, with the number 75 stamped in kinda slanted on the corner.

Hope this may clear up any speculation that its an original or not. I'm not trying to prove anything or be "hey I gotta OG" by posting this thread. I just kinda gotta vibe that you maybe thought thats what I was implying. If I totally read that the wrong way, sorry, but thats just the vibe I got. I was just really curious, with all the talk about the Adex's, if anyone out there still used the Adels. And what their and other peoples opinions are about them.

I'm just dreamin about the day I can finally hit the switch and put this baby to work.... :angry: :angry:

Peace.
Sounds like the real thing, does the electrical connector on top say "bendix". If so its real for sure. Adels are very rare (the real ones are) alot of them were put back to use a few years ago by the military for inflight refueling planes, appearantly they needed a specific valve to perform a certain job, so they used alot of the Adels that were around, which made them more rare to the lowriding world.

But from the sound of it, your dump is the real thing, there should be a date on it, but alot of times this gets worn off.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info........sorry if I thought you were comming off in a different way.

I can't tell on the electrical connetors if it says anything or not, its kinda built up some grime from use back in the day and I've checked all over, but can't really find a date. Its no baby for sure, its put in its work. I'm sure I'll post something closer to the time to be put in use that has to do w/ rebuilding it.

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts