LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a telescopic cylinder that will extend to 18" but colapse into a 10 inch case... does anyone make a cylinder with these specifications? and what would the case diameter have to be? would i also need to run a bigger tank on my pumps?

·
Registered
909 Posts
BMH will custom make cylinders to whatever you want. It might be in a 10" case, but it will sit roughly like a 12" because of the extra collar for the 2nd stage.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hhmm 12 is gonna be close... well lets say i need it in an 8 inch case... haha...

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
"the smallest telescopic that we build is 17" extended... the top casing is an 8inch... " -vegashopper

I'm almost sure more bounce makes a 14" telescopic cylinder, but that might be shorter than you want

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by impalabuilder.com@Aug 31 2005, 04:39 PM~3728062
what coils are you using?
are they compressing too much and thats why you don't have enough clearance? if so run a stronger coil..
im runnin 3 ton coils. i havent even driven the car yet. they might be a tad soft with 12 batteries, but they arent the reason im looking for more clearance up top...

but basically im gathering that there isnt such a thing as a 8-10 inch cased cylinder that will extend to around 18 inches?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by AndrewH@Aug 31 2005, 04:41 PM~3728074
"the smallest telescopic that we build is 17" extended... the top casing is an 8inch... " -vegashopper

I'm almost sure more bounce makes a 14" telescopic cylinder, but that might be shorter than you want
17-8 thats might work thanks for the info ill send him a pm

·
Registered
909 Posts
thats how they came... being that it is a larger bore it if you have a higher numbered pumphead you can lift the back end faster than a 3/8" cylinder i guess

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by impalabuilder.com@Sep 1 2005, 01:01 PM~3733692
thats how they came... being that it is a larger bore it if you have a higher numbered pumphead you can lift the back end faster than a 3/8" cylinder i guess
WE MAKE THEM ANY WAY YOU WANT THEM...BUT IF TIME IS A FACTOR, U GET WHATS ON THE SHELF :biggrin: ....WE ALSO MAKE THEM 3/8 TH PORT NOW

·
Tripple Digit...
3,354 Posts
:uh: dam i'm gonna have to look into that 13 my reg 20's are sittin really close to my speaker deck :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts