LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....my homie took Best bomb truck in Frisco this weekend.... and in the OFFICIAL LOWRIDER MAGAZINE RULE BOOK it states you need to place in the top 3 to qualify for any of the OF THE YEAR categories at one show...... so they call LRM to see about the score sheet and what they need to improve on and someone tells them they need to qualify at TWO shows before VEGAS.....does anyone know about this????????? it's just a question to see if anything has changed....he has as great chance at taking the title and wants to make sure he does what he has to and follow the guidelines.....

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
thought it was just one show.. :dunno:

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by DVS@Aug 24 2005, 05:26 PM~3685143
I'm pretty sure it's one show.
that is what is in the official rule book...and I have talked to a few people and they say the same thing....still waiting for a few call backs...but one judge from LRM says one as far as he knows.......

·
1963 Chevrolet
1,375 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 24 2005, 03:32 PM~3685171
that is what is in the official rule book...and I have talked to a few people and they say the same thing....still waiting for a few call backs...but one judge from LRM says one as far as he knows.......
I would ask John with Bowtie, he's been LR of the year so many times already. :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by DJ63@Aug 24 2005, 06:31 PM~3685507
I would ask John with Bowtie, he's been LR of the year so many times already. :biggrin:
I already talked with him and he says one show

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Its one. :uh: Whoever told you 2 shows must have been on some gooood shit. :puffin:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Toro,
You are not completely correct. I went ahead and copied straight from the rule book what is required to compete at the Vegas show and the answer is a "Best of Show" placing at one of the shows. Attached is the offical definition:

Vehicle of the Year

Winners of "Best of Show" at a tour event or sanctioned show qualify for their class / category Vehicle of the Year. A tour "Best of Show" placing and a First Place win at the Super Show makes a Vehicle of the Year.

Tell Gilbert to get confirmation I have known him for many years now and he is a good guy. ;)

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Gold Cadilyst@Aug 24 2005, 06:55 PM~3685608
Hey Toro,
You are not completely correct.  I went ahead and copied straight from the rule book what is required to compete at the Vegas show and the answer is a "Best of Show" placing at one of the shows.  Attached is the offical definition:

Vehicle of the Year

Winners of "Best of Show" at a tour event or sanctioned show qualify for their class / category Vehicle of the Year. A tour "Best of Show" placing and a First Place win at the Super Show makes a Vehicle of the Year.

Tell Gilbert to get confirmation I have known him for many years now and he is a good guy.  ;)
thanks for looking into it......they went through the rule book a number of times...and he DID take Best Bomb Truck in Frisco....and well...we'll see what happens in Vegas.......

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
it one, i dont really think its fair that someone can go to 5 shows and win best of show and then someone come in last minute and place at a show and then go to vegas and win "of the year"...kind of shady

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
one show, thats funny. they probably just wanted him to show at another. should call that person back and tell them they need to learn a bit more before answering questions on the phone

i think going to the last shows and qualifying is part of the fun and challenge in the LROY or other "of the year" competition. keeps people on their toes and making changes. there is alwys the most points trophy in the end, so could pay to go to places and compete more

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I REMEMBER LRM USED TO GIVE YOU A FREE ENTRY IF YOU PLACED FIRST IN YOUR CLASS TWICE......MAYBE THE PERSON WAS CONFUSED.

FROM WHAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND IT JUST TAKES ONE TIME.

SHOWING UP AT THE LAST MINUTE AND QUALIFYING IS PRETTY COOL.........IT GIVES YOU THAT ELEMENT OF SURPRISE AND SOMETIMES MAKES IT HARD FOR OTHER CONTENDERS TO DO MUCH OF ANYTHING BEFORE THE SUPERSHOW.

SOMETIMES CARS JUST GO OUT TO QUALIFY THEN GO BACK UNDER WRAPS TO FINISH THE WORK. I THINK EARTHQUAKE EURO DID THAT LAST YEAR. HE CAME DOWN TO SAN ANTONIO AND PLACED 3RD, BUT QUALIFIED, THEN WENT TO GET PAINTED AND ALL. I THINK HE ONLY HAD A BASE COAT WHEN HE SHOWED.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Originally posted by BigTex@Aug 25 2005, 07:27 AM~3688612
I REMEMBER LRM USED TO GIVE YOU A FREE ENTRY IF YOU PLACED FIRST IN YOUR CLASS TWICE......MAYBE THE PERSON WAS CONFUSED.

FROM WHAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND IT JUST TAKES ONE TIME.

SHOWING UP AT THE LAST MINUTE AND QUALIFYING IS PRETTY COOL.........IT GIVES YOU THAT ELEMENT OF SURPRISE AND SOMETIMES MAKES IT HARD FOR OTHER CONTENDERS TO DO MUCH OF ANYTHING BEFORE THE SUPERSHOW. 

SOMETIMES CARS JUST GO OUT TO QUALIFY THEN GO BACK UNDER WRAPS TO FINISH THE WORK.  I THINK EARTHQUAKE EURO DID THAT LAST YEAR.  HE CAME DOWN TO SAN ANTONIO AND PLACED 3RD, BUT QUALIFIED, THEN WENT TO GET PAINTED AND ALL.  I THINK HE ONLY HAD A BASE COAT WHEN HE SHOWED.
They still do.

If you place 1st @ 2 Lowrider Tour shows you get your entry to Vegas free...Atleast thats how it was last year

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 24 2005, 07:37 PM~3685781
thanks for looking into it......they went through the rule book a number of times...and he DID take Best Bomb Truck in Frisco....and well...we'll see what happens in Vegas.......
Bomb Truck should be a goot category in Vegas this year :biggrin: :cheesy: ;)

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by BiGAl@Aug 25 2005, 10:09 AM~3689210
Hey Toro- you have any good pictures of the your partners Bomb Truck you can send?
here, let me post some up......

Attachments

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it should be a great showdown......I know both are getting things done to win in Vegas.......this and the Euro category should be hot in Vegas...

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 25 2005, 10:25 AM~3689277
it should be a great showdown......I know both are getting things done to win in Vegas.......this and the Euro category should be hot in Vegas...
yep...earthquake, precious moments, maxxed out, ghost of pearls, and the passion should create alot of interesting buzz @ the show

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.