LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Dam i wish i would have had a digital camera back in the days.I seen some fuuuucked up installs.

This is gonna be a good topic :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
^^^^Now what's really sad.Is i could have guessed that that car had problems only buy looking at the steering wheel cover and floor mats

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Man I wish I would have taken pics of some of the cars I have seen.

Hell, I am not even going to lie, I wish I would have taken pics of some of my first work! My wiring was always pretty decent, but I remember my first box was made out of plywood, carpet on it was regular house carpet, I filled it with cotton balls, and I didn't have a jig saw so I cut the 12" holes out with a drill bit!

(That is right....one drill bit, one hole at a time all the way around a 12" circle!)

:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by 79 cutty@Jul 21 2010, 09:14 AM~18100842
Man I wish I would have taken pics of some of the cars I have seen.

Hell, I am not even going to lie, I wish I would have taken pics of some of my first work! My wiring was always pretty decent, but I remember my first box was made out of plywood, carpet on it was regular house carpet, I filled it with cotton balls, and I didn't have a jig saw so I cut the 12" holes out with a drill bit!

(That is right....one drill bit, one hole at a time all the way around a 12" circle!)

:biggrin:
HAHAH i did the same only w/ a 8"
-also FISHER home audio on a jensen..YESSSS i thought i was the shit at 13.I couldn't even drive yet
-Made a port tube outa paper towel cardboard.That was my finest work
-Pinewood yes thats right not alpine... pinewood 4" "custom fit" in a 3 1/2" hole for my fronts
-K-Mart Self powered 8" bass tube w/ the sub unhooked and speaker wires ran out the port to 2 -8" JBL 8" tubes

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jul 21 2010, 07:25 AM~18100898
HAHAH i did the same only w/ a 8"
-also FISHER home audio on a jensen..YESSSS i thought i was the shit at 13.I couldn't even drive yet
-Made a port tube outa paper towel cardboard.That was my finest work
-Pinewood yes thats right not alpine... pinewood 4" "custom fit" in a 3 1/2" hole for my fronts
-K-Mart Self powered 8" bass tube w/ the sub unhooked and speaker wires ran out the port to 2 -8" JBL 8" tubes
Oh hell yeah, cardboard port, that is awesome! We made my box absolutely enormous for the 2-12" RF Punch's I was installing.....so large it didn't fit in the trunk, so what is the logical thing to do? We took a circular saw and cut about 4 inches out of the middle of the box, and glued/screwed it back together! :biggrin:

One of my buddies had a custom 12 ga. power wire running his amp! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jul 20 2010, 03:11 PM~18094074
Dam i wish i would have had a digital camera back in the days.I seen some fuuuucked up installs.
This is gonna be a good topic :biggrin:

same here, wish i woulda took pics back then. from a friend who couldnt figure why his amps kept shutting off, he had it grounded with a peice of romex house wire, to my dumbass friend who build a box for 2 cheap 15"s to go in a BMW 325 but didnt factor the trunk opening so he just put the box the back seat.

my neighbor still likes to run his amp that requires 4 gauge, he uses 12 gauge and when his new subs werent loud like his old ones cuz he order the wrong ohm voice coils so he just hooked 1 voice coil up on one sub and put the other one in the house

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by cd blazin@Jul 22 2010, 02:43 PM~18112266
now i wish i had taken pics all these years!! Ive seen some crazy shit!
you havent seen behind the dash of my cadillac yet then

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Jul 22 2010, 01:55 PM~18112402
:wow:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Jul 22 2010, 02:55 PM~18112402
pics? :0

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
my first box i thought well the bigger the better so i went to walmart and bought two pioneer free air tens then went home took 3 sheets of 4 by 8 chipboard and constructed the finest box you ever saw (in bizarroo world) it was 4ft by 6ft by 2ft and i sealed the subs inside then cut out a one foot hole for a port. i barely fit it into my 80 honda hatchback and when i hooked it up to my 150 watt turbo amp it sounded like two whales humpin good times right there

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Jul 26 2010, 10:34 AM~18142042
my first box i thought well the bigger the better so i went to walmart and bought two pioneer free air tens then went home took 3 sheets of 4 by 8 chipboard and constructed the finest box you ever saw (in bizarroo world) it was 4ft by 6ft by 2ft and i sealed the subs inside then cut out a one foot hole for a port. i barely fit it into my 80 honda hatchback and when i hooked it up to my 150 watt turbo amp it sounded like two whales humpin good times right there
HAHAH

Were the pioneers that had teh blue writing on the son?Bet they were i had a set of 12's just like em and sold them for $20 more the next day to some *******

1 - 20 of 87 Posts