LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I’m finally getting ready to get my setup together. I want to have a lay and play, but be able to occasionally hop. I was thinking of going with a Hoppos 2 pump, two switch, four battery setup; with four dumps. Just something simple for the first setup but be able to have fun with. Does anyone else have a two switch setup, or recommendations for one? Any and all help is appreciated ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Essentially a good setup I guess, or guidance. Im looking for a simple f/b setup, but know I’ll have my moments of wanting to hit the switch a couple times, so something that will accommodate that. I thought 4 batteries, 2 pumps would be sufficient, but number of solenoids? Should I put in dumps also ? Things like that

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be good to start off with you won't be hopping major inchs but you can get off the ground I like to run two dumps to the back and one dump to the front bit if you want to do side to side I would just run two dumps on each pump

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be good to start off with you won't be hopping major inchs but you can get off the ground I like to run two dumps to the back and one dump to the front bit if you want to do side to side I would just run two dumps on each pump
Yeah I’m not looking for major inches. Its finna be my daily, but I still want a juiced daily. If I get my hands on a 75 thats around, that may be an actual build for me. But this being the first one, I still respect the lifestyle ao I’m starting off with basics. Preciate the advise @Cadillac Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do it to it if you build them right you can daily drive them just keep in mind they do need maintenance I need to shorten the drive shaft in my 96 lac took it out to cruise yesterday and seen a big puff of smoke and I knew the rear tail shaft seal went out sad thing is I just replaced it the week before I guess I drove with it all the way lifted in the rear

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do it to it if you build them right you can daily drive them just keep in mind they do need maintenance I need to shorten the drive shaft in my 96 lac took it out to cruise yesterday and seen a big puff of smoke and I knew the rear tail shaft seal went out sad thing is I just replaced it the week before I guess I drove with it all the way lifted in the rear View attachment 2024017
Damn tht thang is beautiful. See im doing my own build, and as much reading and research as I’ve done on the lifestyle; I been all in since I was 11. Im tryna do my build right, and not being around ANY riders makes shit hard. I’m deciding between a hoppos fb kit, or the cce fb kit. But I’m still in the building stages. Next is my engine and trans, then my rear, THEN hydros. Fully functional daily, that will still have switches and be a low. I anticipate an look forward to everything that comes wittit; glad LIL is here to help

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
4,016 Posts
Damn tht thang is beautiful. See im doing my own build, and as much reading and research as I’ve done on the lifestyle; I been all in since I was 11. Im tryna do my build right, and not being around ANY riders makes shit hard. I’m deciding between a hoppos fb kit, or the cce fb kit. But I’m still in the building stages. Next is my engine and trans, then my rear, THEN hydros. Fully functional daily, that will still have switches and be a low. I anticipate an look forward to everything that comes wittit; glad LIL is here to help
Personally I prefer Hoppos over CCE but its all the same stuff. Hoppos custom service is A1 and they will make anything you need no matter how crazy the concept. Several lowriders of the year have had Hoppos setups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I prefer Hoppos over CCE but its all the same stuff. Hoppos custom service is A1 and they will make anything you need no matter how crazy the concept. Several lowriders of the year have had Hoppos setups.
Oh most definitely. I saw your youtube series with Mr. Wells; bruhbruh much bless for that. I wish I had the same opporotunity to chop it up with the OGs. But yeah, I definitely want the hoppos setup; CCE was jus an alternative. I’d be installing my setup all myself, and I appreciate the way Alex explains everything in their videos. I feel likeI could build my setup in my sleep to be honest, lol. Whats your current setup, an is it your daily?

·
I got the wildstyle
4,016 Posts
Oh most definitely. I saw your youtube series with Mr. Wells; bruhbruh much bless for that. I wish I had the same opporotunity to chop it up with the OGs. But yeah, I definitely want the hoppos setup; CCE was jus an alternative. I’d be installing my setup all myself, and I appreciate the way Alex explains everything in their videos. I feel likeI could build my setup in my sleep to be honest, lol. Whats your current setup, an is it your daily?
My appreciated fam. Definitely was a good experience meeting up with Ted to pick up my setup in person.

I'm in Ohio and CCE is in Kentucky so most people around here run CCE setups and they are usually basic setups. I wanted to build something different with history so I went aircraft, I dont want to hop this build or anything just a lay n play and aircraft is perfect for that. Its going into my 1964 Impala, as mentioned im in Ohio litterly on the other side of the lake is Canada so it gets cold up here. Its about to be May and its snowed two days this week so far.

Attachments

·
I got the wildstyle
4,016 Posts
I forgot to mentioned, i carried that hydraulic setup as a carry on with me. The TSA agents were super cool, they knew a decent amount of lowriders to see it was legit and not something else. My bag weighted over 100 pounds but I was the most happy person after making it though TSA that morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to mentioned, i carried that hydraulic setup as a carry on with me. The TSA agents were super cool, they knew a decent amount of lowriders to see it was legit and not something else. My bag weighted over 100 pounds but I was the most happy person after making it though TSA that morning.
Lol, I can only imagine. Your ride is stupid clean though bruhbruh, much respect. Im originally from Jersey, but transplanted down to NC a couple years back, and ironically soon as I move; there was a lowlow picnic in Jersey.

everywhere I go, I’ve always been the only cat for miles that fucks with lowriders and hydros, everyone else either wants to bag their rides or slam it. Wish I had more homies locally personally, but Louisiana seems to be picking up their lowriding scene. Have you installed your setup yet though ? Or is it still in the works

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Few photos of my project. Still got some things to hammer out, but rebuilt the front suspension, got rid of my Quadrajet and freshened up the engine, next I’ll pull it and upgrade the trans, but after that i’ll be dropping my switches and setup in..

·
I got the wildstyle
4,016 Posts
Lol, I can only imagine. Your ride is stupid clean though bruhbruh, much respect. Im originally from Jersey, but transplanted down to NC a couple years back, and ironically soon as I move; there was a lowlow picnic in Jersey.

everywhere I go, I’ve always been the only cat for miles that fucks with lowriders and hydros, everyone else either wants to bag their rides or slam it. Wish I had more homies locally personally, but Louisiana seems to be picking up their lowriding scene. Have you installed your setup yet though ? Or is it still in the works
Nice Olds, bruh I've often been the only lowrider out for a while. The scene is picking up now but around 2012/2013 I was the only lowrider rolling around in Cleveland, Ohio daily. I made a facebook group "Ohio Lowriders" and added everyone I knew in Ohio to it and people trickle in every few days Ill get a few request, we are about 2,300 deep now. I also try to record videos when people are out and about. Lowriding was big across the country and one point so people have interest, its just people don't know others are doing it in their city and don't want to be alone with all the questions. Jersey and NYC has a solid scene thats been growing and Louisiana is Spitta's turf so you know hes out reppin'.

As far as my build I went to get a quote on hardlining my setup and I need to get 4 batteries. I've been looking at yellow tops and doing research on which one will work best for my application.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, Jersey scene wasnt hittin for nothin when I was back home. Im a big ass dude and I whip my old achool daily, so it wasnt hard to miss me askin around. I been in love wittit and bout it since I was knee high to a grass hopper, but aint never had no one around wittit. So I jus been doin my own reading and research, figure if I cant find nobody then imma make my way. Thank god for LIL, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts