LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got bored so decided to cut off my roof, guess driving on rainy days are out of the question now. i'll post pics when i get my buddys digital camera back

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll have to build reinforcments for the back the cab now, i left the doors open overnight and the back of the cab slowly caved in, i managed to push it out with a portapower to close the doors and line up the door gap, but it will defintly need some reinforcments, i was thinking of making an "L" shapped bracket that ran across the floor of the cab and up the back wall about 15 inches or so out of 2" flat bar, then welding in gussets, anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Nov 26 2003, 11:38 PM
i'll have to build reinforcments for the back the cab now, i left the doors open overnight and the back of the cab slowly caved in, i managed to push it out with a portapower to close the doors and line up the door gap, but it will defintly need some reinforcments, i was thinking of making an "L" shapped bracket that ran across the floor of the cab and up the back wall about 15 inches or so out of 2" flat bar, then welding in gussets, anyone have any other ideas?
i think it would work better if you make an "L" shapped bracket that runs across the floor of the cab and up the back wall about 15 inches or so out of 2" flat bar, then weld it in gussets :0 ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by biggeazy-e+Nov 26 2003, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (biggeazy-e @ Nov 26 2003, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--old_school_48@Nov 26 2003, 11:38 PM
i think it would work better if you make an "L" shapped bracket that runs across the floor of the cab and up the back wall about 15 inches or so out of 2" flat bar, then weld it in gussets :0 ;)[/b][/quote]
nah i dont like your idea, i think i'll go with the "L" shapped bracket that runs across the floor of the cab and up the back wall about 15 inches or so out of 2" flat bar, then welding in gussets

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
i would also make an "x" shape behind the rear deck.....this would help alot........

good luck..........it should be ok to use your L shape idea.........

awhile back i remember in lowrider euro they did a honda civic and used your L shape on the lower part of the b pillars

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm going out to build the brackets right now, i just fired up the heater in the garage so it should be warm in about 10 minutes, damn canadian winters :angry:

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
THATS WHAT THE FUC IM TALKIN BOUT! Full custom bro.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is defintely gonna be a radical truck now, i was gonna stick to mild but then i bought another truck to drive dailey, but so far it has been fully shaved nosed and decked, no roof, working on a tilt hood, welded up tail gate, color matched frame, bagged, (lays frame) 77 Lincoln complete chassis, shaved firewall and i'm working on building smooth fenderwells for the inside. and i'm into it for less than $6000cdn so far!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
what kind of truck is it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
69 Ford F-100 Ranger

the link in my signature has pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts