LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I want to recolour my bmw, but I want it to do perfectly. for example like on this picture. Is there should be a special laque or paint? what would you recommend to receive the result like that?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
that car is beautiful..... I need to change my pants :(

·
Banned
487 Posts
Originally posted by rockahula520@Sep 16 2005, 09:08 AM~3827306
Hi! I want to recolour my bmw, but I want it to do perfectly. for example like on this picture. Is there should be a special laque or paint? what would you recommend to receive the result like that?

you russian

T

·
0 Posts
That SS lookin sweet, but paint usually looks way better in a pic than in person.....To get a deep black paint job , spray the base blk, dont use cheap paint like Omni or Nason cause cheap blk paint for some reason has a brown tint to it....on the first 2 coats of clear i mix a lil blk in the clear.than bury it with 4 more strait coats of clear......and when ya buf it out wait to make sure the clear is nice and hard , cause if you buff it in a few days after clearin the clear will still be soft and will swirl real bad......and check out Alsa paint for i see they have a Black Kandy concentrate...never sprayed it , but have used Alsa products and they are some serous stuff, .....

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
ppg makes a black toner, dmx line. alsa as mentioned. i think the toners come out more like a sprayed tint job then a deep black

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Sep 16 2005, 04:44 PM~3830221
That SS lookin sweet, but paint usually looks way better in a pic than in person.....To get a deep black paint job ,  spray the base blk, dont use cheap paint like Omni or Nason cause cheap blk paint for some reason has a brown tint to it....on the first 2 coats of clear i mix a lil blk in the clear.than bury it with 4 more strait coats of clear......and when ya buf it out wait to make sure the clear is nice and hard , cause if you buff it in a few days after clearin the clear will still be soft and will swirl real bad......and check out Alsa paint for i see they have a Black Kandy concentrate...never sprayed it , but have used Alsa products and they are some serous stuff, .....
tnx
where to buy Alsa paint?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keep Cruizing to the Top!

T

·
0 Posts
yea alsa gots the black mirachrome...looks sweet, ive only sprayed the strait mira chrome than topcoated it with apple red kandy , but have seen the black chrome, killa stuff, think its around $500 a quart setup....not to bad...

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
www.coastairbrush.com sells alsa. have some other stuff including hok.

wanted to mess with alsa, but just wondering how durable the paints are. when i read up on them they tend to only use them with graphics, motorcycle tanks and models. wondering how long it would last on a whole car. the chrome paint would probably be best on some plastic parts. when i get some extra cash ill be at coast testing some things out. i must still think im in kindergarten, love me some paint

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Sep 17 2005, 09:38 AM~3832945
www.coastairbrush.com sells alsa. have some other stuff including hok.

wanted to mess with alsa, but just wondering how durable the paints are. when i read up on them they tend to only use them with graphics, motorcycle tanks and models. wondering how long it would last on a whole car. the chrome paint would probably be best on some plastic parts. when i get some extra cash ill be at coast testing some things out. i must still think im in kindergarten, love me some paint
I can agree with you OrangeCounty58. I have alot of ideas floating in my head and if I just had more time and cash I would try alot of them out. :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts