LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 99 Mustang 4.6 L in great condition dropped to the ground, nice stereo system, nice recaro seats. Although it looks great inside and the paint too, wondering what improvements can I make with all the fluids.

I found the following, anyone use these products before?

www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/ford-1999-mustang-4.6l-v

and this

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/royal-purple-oil

or any suggestions? I have been doing oil changes using Castrol for the past 5 years but want to upgrade to something better.

·
Registered
61 Impala
3 Posts
Funny how you bring both of those up. Walmart use to be my go-to place for years until I learned about that Amsoil stuff. Royal Purple is great if you using it for drag cars and rebuild your engine every week. But I don't think you're doing that in an old '99 Mustang. I'd stick with the Amsoil. That's tried and true for consumer use. Those people are the ones who started the entire synthetic oil crazy and all of the testing I've seen proves that they are the best and longest lasting oil you can get. My friend owned a fleet of F-150 trucks and he saved $8,000/yr in maintenance cost by switching all of his vehicles to Amsoil. It cost a little more per oil change, but since it lasted so long, it would be a really long time before each truck had an oil change. The mechanic they had working for them loved it. It gave him a break since he wasn't constantly doing oil changes for the entire fleet all the time. They had zero downtime from engine failures since switching. They even went to their transmission fluid, too. I stopped using Royal Purple years ago and made the switch to Amsoil. That's the best stuff I've ever used. I used to have oil consumption issue with my LS1 engines with Mobil 1 synthetic. All that stopped after switching. Saved me an engine rebuild in those cars and helped me avoid a transmission rebuild on another car. Those people rock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts